INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I get a DLNA visual on my TV while using Player and iDAC2?  (Read 2905 times)

cooltype

• Junior Woodchuck
Can I get a DLNA visual on my TV while using Player and iDAC2?
« on: January 12, 2016, 09:08:38 pm »

I was using DLNA over ethernet to play my files. I especially liked the DLNA visual (cover art & metadata) that showed on my HDTV. I just purchased an iFi iDAC2 which works great with Player (up to DSD128 at least but that is another topic) but I don't have any visual except for what shows on my computer and in JRemote on my iPhone. Is there a way to get a visual similar to the DLNA visual on my HDTV from Player?

My rig is an iMac with a USB iDAC2 connected to a Denon AVR-2313CIE3 via RCA in to the DVD audio.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can I get a DLNA visual on my TV while using Player and iDAC2?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 01:48:55 am »

Welcome to the forum.  It sounds like the DLNA Renderer on the iDAC2 doesn't support cover art.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 09:05:10 am »

You could have two zones, linked with zone link:  Your iDAC as one zone that actually plays the music.  A second zone to your DLNA device to show on the display.

Or, since your computer is close to your rack you could run an HDMI output from the computer to the TV and put MC in Display View, which shows cover art (but no metadata).  You could always use standard view also and make MC full screen.

Just some ideas.

Brian.

cooltype

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 10:09:22 am »

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your prompt reply. The 2 linked zones sounds like the way to go for me. How would I set that up? The documentation on setting up zones is sparse. Also, once the zones are linked which input on my Denon would they use? The DVD in, which the iDAC2 is connected to or the network, which handles the DLNA. I am fairly new to the computer audiophile scene and I appreciate your help. Thanks!

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 10:15:40 am »

First, you might want to make sure that the "two zones at once" can work at all in your setup.  Many receivers have a way to show video from one input and audio from another.  This used to be a fairly common feature, but I don't know your receiver; hopefully it has it.

Linking zones is easy.  Just go to the left navigation area, and under playing now you'll see all of your zones.  Presuming that your DLNA zone is listed there, just right click and select "link zone".  Then tell it to link to your Player zone.  Done!  :)

Again, this is all dependent on the ability of your setup to show video from your DLNA source, while simultaneously having the audio from another source (your DAC) playing.

Brian.

cooltype

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 11:34:03 am »

Thanks again Brian! I’ll have to make sure my receiver can do video from one input and audio from another. The linking part is easy. I’ll let you know if it works out. Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up