INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume control - Gizmo  (Read 1303 times)

Dewd

• Recent member
Volume control - Gizmo
« on: January 17, 2016, 12:18:04 am »

I have just reconfigured my setup, particularly my outside entertainment area, and Gizmo / JRemote is going to figure more prominently.  I've been using Gizmo for quite a while, and it's all fine, but I used to play through the aux of an old HiFi, and used the volume control on the HiFi.  The new setupp is replacing that with a Raspberry Pi with a HiFiBerry Amp+ playing directly to speakers.  This system is running headless, and my plan is to devote my old Samsung Galaxy 10.1Tab (GT P7500), because I have a RAM Mount for it so don't have to worry about drunk people or kids dropping it or the like.

Gizmo works fine on the P7500.  I thought to try out JRemote to see how it works on my phone (Sony Experia Z5 Compact) and I see that JRemote has a volume slider on the "Playing Now" page. Winner - much easier way to control the volume than using the rocker switch or the volume command in Gizmo.  Tried to install JRemote on the P7500.  Play Store won't even find it.  Is it not compatible with the P7500?  Who decides that? Google play?  Can P7500 support be added to JRemote?
Pages: [1]   Go Up