INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback problems after adding HD tracks  (Read 3880 times)

Heathwood99

• Recent member
Playback problems after adding HD tracks
« on: January 20, 2016, 04:27:32 am »

I'm struggling with this one.

I added some HD tracks to my music library yesterday, but the effect of doing this appears to upset existing HD playback.

Linn's Mozart Opera Overtures (24/96) is now all over the place with regular drop outs every few seconds.

Nothing else has changed in MC Center or Remote. My music library is held on my Mac Book and I stream wirelessly to a CA Stream Magic renderer.

Can anyone suggest any possible resolution? Is is possible that my new HD download is corrupt in some way, although I can't see how this would affect pre-existing HD tracks.

Can anyone suggest a resolution?

:(

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playback problems after adding HD tracks
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 09:24:02 am »

Nothing else has changed in MC Center or Remote. My music library is held on my Mac Book and I stream wirelessly to a CA Stream Magic renderer.

The wireless is the most suspect thing you've identified in your description.  Wireless can be very unreliable and inconsistent.  It can change day to day or hour to hour depending upon a lot of conditions.  Just having a new device of some sort in your house can change wireless performance (due to interference).

Adding music to your library should not have affected the ability to play other music.  It's probably a coincidence.  It's also normal for wireless links to play lower resolution files, but drop out with higher resolution, as they require more bandwidth.  So on a questionable link, the problem will show up on the bigger (higher resolution) files.

This *might* be a CPU issue, but your whole Mac would seem to be running a bit slowly if that were the case.

I'd recommend moving the Mac VERY close to the renderer and trying again, as a test.  If you can do it, running a real network cable would eliminate wireless as part of the problem. 

Brian.

Heathwood99

• Recent member
Re: Playback problems after adding HD tracks
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 10:06:04 am »

Many thanks for the swift reply, Brian. No time at the moment, but I will give this a go on Thursday.

My ultimate aim is a wired connection, but this will require a room redecoration and big money.

;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up