INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In a Library Sync, what determines if a track is identical or not?  (Read 1286 times)

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs

I "Sync Library..." between my desktop reference machine, and my laptop DJ machine. I always do a test run with no checkboxes checked so that Media Center will only create the "Library Sync - Files Not In Sync" playlist. When I hand check this playlist there are a bunch of tracks that, from my examination of all the tag fields on both machines, appear to be identical. What am I missing? What is making MC think that these tracks are not in sync?

BTW, I just found this thread https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56600.0, and I created the calculated hash field and compared them across both libraries and the hashes were identical, even though it was reported as being out of sync in the "Library Sync - Files Not In Sync".

Cheers,
Jeff

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
Re: In a Library Sync, what determines if a track is identical or not?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 07:35:37 pm »

OK, some additional and very puzzling information:

One video file by artist FOO was showing up on the "Library Sync - Files Not In Sync" playlist. When I renamed the artist BAR on both machines and did a "Rename, Move, & Copy Files..." on both the them, the library sync correctly indicated that they were in sync and no action was needed. When I renamed the artist back to FOO and repeated the rename, the Library Sync failed again as before. Note: The rename action caused the track in question to move to a different folder than all the other tracks by FOO (and then back again when reversed)

One other strange thing I noticed... when I did a File > Library > Import that included all of FOO's tracks, MC created a duplicate record for the track in question, even though there is only one physical file!

Strange bug... Any ideas, guys?

Cheers,
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up