INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library loss of data  (Read 2804 times)

tamani

• Recent member
Library loss of data
« on: January 25, 2016, 07:21:55 am »

On December 26, 2015 I imported 25 CD (stored in a NAS) in a library and made a back up. In that library I had 3550 Albums.

Today, January 25 2016, I accessed for the first time since then to the Library and it shows olnly 3459 Albums: it is not the first time it happens so I learned that every time I add Albums I must also make a library back up. I think that something does not work well.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library loss of data
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 09:14:57 am »

There's something else going on here. ALbums don't just disappear from your library like that.  And the physical files are definately not being removed. Check your import settings, do you have fix broken links YES without the protect files from missing drives checked? do you have ignore files previously removed from the library checked? If so this could have something to do with it.

It is always good to do manual backups of the library file after ripping or big tagging sessions. However JRiver will do them for you and retain the number you want automatically so its not an obligation. It happens every couple of days or so sure you can get unlucky and miss one.

Also careful about the number of albums shown. Compare the number of files as tagging could affect the number of albums

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 09:16:04 am »

When using a NAS it's a good idea to turn off "fix broken links".  Any time windows can't "see" your NAS and MC is active, it can potentially remove songs or albums from your library because it doesn't see them.  Here's where you turn it off:

tools > options > library & folders > configure auto import > tasks > fix broken links > No

Brian.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 09:31:36 am »

When using a NAS it's a good idea to turn off "fix broken links".  Any time windows can't "see" your NAS and MC is active, it can potentially remove songs or albums from your library because it doesn't see them.  

hmm ok, but then it won't fix your broken links .... I've never had a problem as long as the YES (protect files from missing drives) is chosen and not just "YES" (frankly IMO they should remove that option -- I wonder why its even there, and its really pretty confusing).

tamani

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 11:39:33 am »

I'll apply blgentry suggestion as the other option is the activated one.

Pages: [1]   Go Up