INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug Report: Tracks added to playlist from JRemote are not saved to the playlist  (Read 2657 times)

shp

• Recent member

Media Center 21.0.24 for Mac
JRemte 3.22 for iPhone and for iPad, the problem is on both.

I have created a play list in the Media Center client application.  When using the remote app, if I "+Playlist" and choose any play list, the remote app reports that the track was added to the specified playlist.  But the track does not appear in the playlist, either on the remote app or the MC client.

I don't know how to report a bug except to the forum.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe

Are you connected via an access key (Authentication)? If connected by an IP address, try via an access key. Maybe that's the problem? It read only via IP direct.

I don't know how to report a bug except to the forum.

Usually, you'd post it under the most recent version at the top of the board (Mac, Windows, or Linux). As this concerns JRemote, I'd put it here as there isn't a specific post as you need to get it from Google or Apple Store => Remote Forum

shp

• Recent member

Thanks for asking.

Via Access Key.

If Playlist management via remote requires a different connection method, that should be handled in the application (e.g, it should not report successful additions to the playlist - it should report that the user must use IP Direct method to manage playlists.)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

Access key versus IP shouldn't have anything to do with it.  They both resolve to an IP eventually.  Access key is just a convenience feature that does a lookup at JRiver to get your IP.

Authentication *might* be an issue here, but I'm honestly not sure.  I don't use JRemote (I use Gizmo) and I'm not familiar with what goes on with playlist saving from a remote.  The more I think about it though, it seems like it should require authentication; after all you're making data changes on the server.

Try setting up authentication on MC and then entering that authentication info into JRemote and see if that works.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up