INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: making it all work together  (Read 932 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
making it all work together
« on: August 26, 2003, 09:06:04 am »

I moved this query from the MusicLobby --- Nice work, Mario![/b] thread ...
All your program launching can be accomodated with MainLobby[...]

I took a quick look at its user guide, but while I saw control for display, I didn't see control of audio ... and tell me to DL its trial if you like, but let me first tell you what I'm dealing with this week (before I rent another DVD and DL another DVD player trial (... ARGH!@!, WinDVD 4 OEM is stereo only ... ARGH!@! ...).

For TV (ATI AIW 9700), I find I have to tell audio (M-Audio Revo) to enable "monitor line-in" ... and for anything else (DVD, MP3s) disable "monitor line-in".  For DVD and 5.1 encoding (Dolby or DTS), I need audio to disable "surround" processing ... anyway, you get the picture.

Is MainLobby still the trial software I should look at??

TIA  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
Re: making it all work together
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 09:23:10 am »

I dont know if you wanted a new thread but...

The tool for your task is Girder... Its got a learning curve but it is uber powerful...  

MainLobby is a girder aware app so it will allow you to set a button to be a girder event (that girder event can of course be a macro of events) so its not inconcievable that one mainlobby button (watch Movies)...

Turns on your projector
Switches it to the HTPC input  
Starts the motorized screen via X10
Dims the lights via X10
Turns on your reciever.
Switches it to the input for HTPC (DVD / whatever)
Starts the DVD SW
Kills Interactual / PC(un)Friendly / etc pop ups
Sets the resolution of your display depending on NTSC or PAL (CRT lovers like this for cleaner scaling)
Starts the DVD playing

Now most of that is Girder work (though MainLobby also handles X10 directly) but ML is the interface to any of these things...  

Between Girder and MainLobby there is simply very very little you cant do...    

Listening to: 'Chemical Brothers EM 1995-03-05' from 'BBC Radio 1' by 'Essential Mix' on Media Center 9.0
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  
Pages: [1]   Go Up