INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sonos As Media Renderer Not Using JRiver Audio Engine  (Read 2382 times)

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
Sonos As Media Renderer Not Using JRiver Audio Engine
« on: January 28, 2016, 10:09:55 pm »

This is probably more a lack of my understanding than a problem with JRiver.

I have a Sonos Playbar and Sub that shows as a Media Renderer that I can select in JRiver and I am able to play audio and control it with my MacBook and my iPad via JRemote.  However I have noticed that when looking in Options it shows Audio Path as "not using JRiver  engine".   When selecting DSP Studio I get a pop up that states "DSP Studio only available for local zones".  I think I have this set up as a Generic DLNA.

My main concern is the with not using the JRiver Engine.  Have I done something incorrect in set up of the Sonos or is this a limitation of the Sonos? I hope not.  I would like to have access to the DSP options but this isn't as critical to me.

I believe it is set up as a Generic DLNA.

Any thoughts or knowledge would be appreciated.
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sonos As Media Renderer Not Using JRiver Audio Engine
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 07:18:54 pm »

I haven't done anything with DSP over DLNA, so this is mostly theory for me.  But I think you have to configure DSP for DLNA in a different place:

Tools > Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers > (select server) > Audio > Advanced > DSP Studio...

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up