INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecting jriver to Synology-ds13  (Read 2995 times)

Spokane540iA

Connecting jriver to Synology-ds13
« on: January 29, 2016, 11:13:24 pm »

Sorry if this has been answered already- I'm a noob.

Just downloaded jriver 21 and can't figure out how to connect with my Synology DS-213, where all of my music is stored.

Help?

I'm running Windows Pro 7 and did successfully connect JRiver to my external Seagate hard drive. It just worked, but was wired. My Synology is on my network, but not wired into my laptop.

JRiver does not recognize the Synology.

Thanks!

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Connecting jriver to Synology-ds13
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 06:31:03 am »

off the top of my head, it is probably more of a newtork issue than a JRiver config.

ASsuming that you installed JR on your laptop. For JRiver to connect Windows has to be able to see and have access to the files first. SO check that the NAS is showing up in Windows explorer and that the media directory is shared to your LAN with read/write privileges

Then make sure that in your import options, the shared file path(s) from the synology is included.

If you haven't already, skim through this and the links associated with Libraries, Importing and audio setup from the page

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Getting_Started

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Connecting jriver to Synology-ds13
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 11:25:32 am »

check that the NAS is showing up in Windows explorer and that the media directory is shared to your LAN with read/write privileges
To add to Arindelle's answer,  make sure that on the NAS, media folders are shared for all Windows users of JRiver.

It is also convenient to assign a drive letter to the media shares of the NAS on the Windows machines, ie something like M:\ for the music share, P:\ for photos, V:\ for videos.  This will allow you later on to move things around without requiring an intervention on the MC library, or would even allow you to keep a subset copy on a laptop or external drive (this great idea came from another MC user).  May come handy !
Pages: [1]   Go Up