INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with re-sync sd card (Umlauts and special characters)  (Read 1928 times)

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
Problem with re-sync sd card (Umlauts and special characters)
« on: January 30, 2016, 04:12:14 am »

Hello forum,

i have a problem with special characters and umlauts in MC21. The problem appears when i re-sync my handheld (1st sync works flawlessly).

When I’m trying to re-sync my SD Card (exFat) with Path „Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]\/„ and in one of these fields is a Umlaut (e.g. Motörhead) and i activate the button <Recheck Sync> the files with umlauts are added with status „In Queue“ and the already synced files with umlauts are in Status „Delete on Sync“. This is not what i would expect, because the files were not changed.

Any help on this topic is appreciated. Thank you!

My Setup:
- Macbook Pro Retina (OS X 10.11.3) with JRiver MC 21.0.31
- Music is located on Synology NAS
- SD Card: SanDisk 64GB located in internal card reader of Macbook (Format exFat)

Note: No difference whether the music is located local or on NAS

The following Options are activated for sync (as far as i can tell this options don’t make any difference on the above described behaviour):

- Delete from Handheld any files not in sync list
- Enable Album Artwork support if possible
- Resync if Date Modified has changed

- Specified output format only when necessary (including high-bitrates)
- Encoder: MP3 encoder
- File/Paths & More:
    - [Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]\/

Update:
Please find attached an excerpt from the database file after performing recheck sync. As you can see, there is a difference in in the filename. Maybe this causes MC to think the file has been updated, i don't know...
Pages: [1]   Go Up