INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media player does not appear in "Playing Now" list  (Read 2451 times)

reynolds853

Media player does not appear in "Playing Now" list
« on: January 31, 2016, 10:25:47 am »

I use an Ayon S-5 media player.  In JRiver MC19 the S-5 appeared in the "Playing Now" list with no problem.

I upgraded to Media Center 20 when it came out but the S-5 would not appear in the "Playing Now" list so I just kept using MC19 - and the S-5 continues to show up on the list.

This morning I purchased MC21 hoping that whatever the problem was would have been resolved, but unfortunately the S-5 is still not coming up in the "Playing Now" list.

Is there a process I need to follow to get the S-5 to appear in the newer releases?

Thanks for your help,

John

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media player does not appear in "Playing Now" list
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 12:50:21 pm »

when you upgraded from 19 to 20 to 21 did you keep the older versions on your machines .. your config would have (should have) been automatically ported over if so.

Try taking a library backup from version 19 and restoring it to version 21. Does it show up?

reynolds853

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 09:58:57 pm »

Arindelle,

Thank you for your reply.  Before finding your reply earlier this evening I went into Tools > Options > Media Network and selected "Use media network to share this library and enable DLNA" and followed a few of the additional steps that came up.  I'm not quite sure what I did while poking around with that but an access key showed up and the S-5 appeared in the Playing Now list and it's working.  I'm not sure what I did or why it helped but as long as it's working I'm okay not understanding it!  :-)

To answer your question, yes, I kept MC19 and MC20 on my laptop.  Just out of curiosity I'll have a look at the remedy you suggested and will post an update.

Thanks again for your help,

John

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 03:43:30 am »

sure John, no problem.  And btw sharing and resharing can indeed toggle off and on DLNA devices ... so don't bother restoring anything ... sounds like you are good to go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up