INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Who ?  (Read 2863 times)

tasar

• World Citizen
Dr Who ?
« on: February 01, 2016, 03:18:06 pm »

After latest download, still don't see signup feature under view.  Nice share feature but for "who", not my Mac ??

tasar

• World Citizen
Re: Dr Who ?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 07:54:18 pm »

Surprised there's been no response affirming one way or another that Dr Who will be a viable option on Mac ?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 08:24:08 pm »

I was all set to tell you that Dr. Who doesn't work on Mac, as the last few times I looked at it, there was no way to sign in, or it just did nothing.  So I checked one more time.

Imagine my surprise!  There is now a sign in screen, and an area to sign up.  I haven't registered, or signed in because I'm not really interested in the feature.  But it's there.

I'm running MC 21.0.31.

Do you see the Dr. Who icon in the Playlists section?

Brian.

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 11:10:43 pm »

Yes it's been there under playlist but when you que it up the screen says "ready " at bottom. There's no drop down to sign in the way I think of it. What's up ?

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 07:53:10 am »

I think Dr. Who might be browser based, but I'm not 100% sure.  It looks kinda like a web form.  Do other browser tasks work from within MC?  For instance, if you select an album and then press the google link in the links bar, does that work?

Brian.

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 09:05:50 am »

From the PC side:

JRiver now has a new Playlist Server system.  It's called Dr. Who.  It will eventually be linked to Play Doctor and will create better playlists, using both your local tracks and some from the Internet.

You can upload your playlists and smartlists to it, then download them from another machine.
You can browse other users playlists and download them.
With downloaded playlists, MC will look for matching tracks in your library first, then online (presently using our Performer Store of 40,000,000 tracks).  Samples or full length, depending on your Performer account status.  Amazon is also searched and previews are available.

To upload playlists:

You'll need the latest build from the MC21 board.
You will need to turn on the Doctor Who feature in Tools > Options > General > Features.
Then check for updates one more time.  You should see Doctor Who at the bottom of your playlists.  Drag any playlist to it to upload.
Click on the cloud icon next to any lists on the right to download.
Any downloads will be found at the top of playlists, under "Downloaded Playlists".

Before you can upload a playlist, you must sign up for an account using your forum name if possible, and then use the e-mail you receive to activate the account

More About This Project

So " PERFORMER" is also mentioned as a process to engage outside playlists. You don't need to sign up for such, but if you don't your playbacks are limited to 30 second clips.

It mentions Who is indeed browser based, as it rolled out under IE.

As it is now, I can que up Who under playlist window and likely can drag a personal list into it, but until there's a browser/mail sign-in, it's just another playlist.

I also read that the Who browser/enabler ( whatever the "Who" it is) is embedded in MC software so there's nothing to download per say.

So many questions .... JimH, you out there ?

Arindelle

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 10:48:59 am »

Hi ... wasn't sure if this was part of the MAC version of not ... but if you see the icon for it. It probably works .... have you guys tried chromium under options rather than IE.... maybe Macs have problems with the ie engine? just guessing of course guys, don't have a mac myself....
Pages: [1]   Go Up