INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback problem - the file could not be found (does not exist)  (Read 4437 times)

mttbsh

• Recent member
Playback problem - the file could not be found (does not exist)
« on: February 01, 2016, 04:25:41 pm »

I am using a Mac mini with a connected WD external drive. It played  beautifully using JRiver but now when I click any file for playback I get the "The file could not be found. Check that the filename in the library matches the filename on the disk". It appears that the program can't access the disk drive.
I disconnected the external drive and plugged into a different computer and the files are there and play just fine, but not when I reconnect to the iMac. This problem started shortly after I installed JRiver remote on my iPad.
Please forgive me if this problem has been discussed before. Any ideas on how to "reconnect" to my drive?
Thanks in advance!
Matt

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playback problem - the file could not be found (does not exist)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 07:04:21 pm »

It sounds like something has changed with the external drive, or it's name, or it's mount point.

Go to one of the songs that won't play.  Hover over it until you see the pop up box with detailed information.  It should show the full path to the file.  Your external drive should be in that path.  For example, if you see:

/Volumes/WDPassport/Music/Beatles/HereComesTheSun.mp3

Then your external drive should be mounted at /Volumes/WDPassport .  Look to see where MC thinks the files are and then look in Finder to see where the drive is mounted.  With that information, you may be able to fix the problem.  At the least, we'll have more information and can probably guide to to the solution.

Brian.

mttbsh

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 10:46:57 am »

Thanks Brian - in following your suggestion I found that my external drive is not even in the path, in fact I was unable to locate my external drive anywhere on my Mac Mini, so it is obviously not a JRiver issue but a connection problem between my Mac Mini and my external drive. The external drive light is not on when connected to the Mac Mini, so the computer is not seeing it. Thanks again.
Matt

mttbsh

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 05:02:53 pm »

Simple solution: I switched out the cable between my Mac Mini and external drive and voila! beautiful music 

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 05:07:53 pm »

Glad to hear you got it figured out.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up