INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue when trying to tune a channel not available.  (Read 2193 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Issue when trying to tune a channel not available.
« on: February 02, 2016, 09:55:47 am »

I'm having an issue where MC will not warn you a channel is not available PLUS a delay in playback will be introduced by the same amount of seconds you stay on that channel (Yaobbing this is one of the 2 that still has a TSID issue....)

Two issues here:
1. You're surfing on that unavailable channel and the other channel you were on will keep playing.
2. The amount of time you stay on that unavailable channel will be played from the previous channel and it will take that same amount of time to watch the next available channel.

Ideally MC should pop up a message of no signal only after a couple of seconds and stop playing the previous channel.
Or at least let the user know what's going on.

thx

CountryBumkin

Re: Issue when trying to tune a channel not available.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 10:28:25 am »

Just for my understanding - why are these channels not available? I assume they worked when you did your original setup and channel scan. What changed? Do they go off-air at certain times or ?

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 10:31:58 am »

Good Question.  I should have mentioned it in my previous post.

Here's why:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100789.msg699082#msg699082

AND it can also happen if a channel is unavailable because of an outage or marginal reception.

Signal can fluctuate quite a bit due to atmospheric conditions etc.. Especially on VHF...

I often get these issues on some of my US OTA channels

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 01:00:08 pm »

Okay - according to the link in your post you had two channels that did not work (due to something on the "broadcast side") and one channel was fixed. So you have one channel that doesn't work in MC.

If I'm understanding correctly, it's not going to work until the broadcaster fixes the problem. Unless Yaobing can make the channel work with whatever is wrong with the broadcast data.

Perhaps (for now) you should just "Hide" that channel so you don't stumble onto it while surfing. Then go back from time-to-time and see if it ever gets fixed (and keep the pressure on the broadcaster to fix).

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 03:00:10 pm »

Thx for the tip, but that's what I'm doing already.  Fortunately it's not a channel I watch...But it doesn't solve the second part of the issue as per my previous post where a channel can't be watched in certain times of day due to poor reception (ie my ABC every once in a while).

Pages: [1]   Go Up