INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: library auto-load fails for Media center 21  (Read 3732 times)

soarsz

• Recent member
library auto-load fails for Media center 21
« on: February 02, 2016, 06:45:15 pm »

I downloaded and installed media center 21 for Mac and allowed the library auto-load to proceed. It basically failed. It actually found 3 albums I had just played on Media center 20 but failed to find the folder(s) which contain several hundred cd's which are on my Mac. I have tried several times with no success. Am I missing something?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: library auto-load fails for Media center 21
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 06:46:45 am »

I'm a bit confused as to your problem -- not sure what you mean by auto-load. Run on startup/boot?

Normally, you would not remove version 20. You would install version 21 and it would automatically port over your library settings and everything.  Remove 20 later, both can stay on your machine). If you removed version 20 before installing version 21, you would restore a library backup file.  Again, all should be ported over.

If you have done neither of the above and for some reason you can't or don't want to restore your version 20 library to 21. Then I would double check your import configuration to make sure that is what you want. Uncheck run import on empty libraries. And run a manual auto import.

If the autoimport option is checked, it should watch the paths for you in the background ... (bear in mind, this can be slow, or need a windows event for certain NAS's or external drives, but I don't think this is what you are referring to )

soarsz

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 09:29:37 am »

I downloaded and installed MC 21 and entered the key. The program had a message in the lower L corner saying it would auto import my files in 44 sec. I waited but nothing happened. I subsequently found the import page and trie to get the program to import manually. No joy. I tried dragging my music folder to the library and got about a third of the music into the library, then tried that again to no avail.
I have a fully functional MC 20 which does show all my files in its library, and it is fully functional to the extent that I ever require.

So, my question is, how do I get MC 21 to import my music info? My music is all located in two folders which reside on my desktop. Could being in the desktop location somehow cause MC21 to fail to find these folders?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 09:33:06 am »

Did you set the autoimport options?

You can make a backup in MC20 and restore it in MC21.

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 09:52:50 am »

You can make a backup in MC20 and restore it in MC21.
as Jim says, this will sort you out. Will port over all of your settings from version 20, including you autoimport config.

soarsz

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 01:20:22 pm »

how do I find instructions for doing this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 01:33:44 pm »

In MC20, do File > Library > Backup.

In MC21, do File > Library > Restore.
Pages: [1]   Go Up