INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC91238 issues  (Read 1493 times)

ramone

• nothing more to say...
MC91238 issues
« on: August 24, 2003, 02:14:34 pm »

In installed the newest beta of MC after the same issue occured in MC9.  
Heres the deal:

1) MC9 will not let me rip CDs, i get the error "Open drive failed. Parameter is out of range."

2) When I try to just play a CD in MC9, i get this error message "Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Please make sure that the path in the Media Jukebox library points to the right location."

I know that it is not a cd nor cd drive issue as it works with other software, and plays cds fine.  

Also, I do have a cd burner, but for some reason MC is not registering it. My machine has only one cd player, and its a CDR.  It works fine with other applications too.

System Info below:

Media Center 9.1.238 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows Me
Intel Pentium III 798 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 319 MB
Resource Info: System - 29 %, GDI - 67 %, User - 29 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

snapperocks

• World Citizen
Re: MC91238 issues
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 04:05:35 am »

Hi
I had the same trouble and what fixed it for me was by going to Device Settings under Options I unchecked Use Digital Playback.
It now plays audio CD"s  :)

Of course its not ideal but I think its related to not have a CD Writer operating. I only had this problem when I took my CD Burner out for repairs.
snapperocks
nlc

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2003, 07:11:59 am »

snapperocks-
Are you running windows ME as well?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

MGD_King

• Citizen of the Universe
  • It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2003, 03:29:41 pm »

What kind of CD drive are you using? I know that I had some issues with my LiteOn 52x burner playing audio cd's in any application except WinDVD (figure the odds? ::)) and then I updated my LiteOn's firmware and I was able to play audio CD's just fine, and it doubled my rip speed to boot! ;D

So, try playing in another audio player (Windows MP if you must ;D and if it does it there, try updating the firmware if you can.

snapperocks

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2003, 04:39:44 pm »

Hi John

Yes I am running ME.

I still are not able to ripCD"s. I get the same open drive failed message as here.

snapperocks
nlc

ramone

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2003, 08:31:55 pm »

snapperocks,

I unchecked the same setting in Device Settings, the Use Digital Playback.   It now plays audio CD's.

However, I still can not rip CDs.  I get the same message as before, "Open drive failed. Parameter is out of range."

As for using the drive in other applications, I can rip and play CDs fine in musicmatch.  But I absolutely HATE musicmatch.  Too crappy and too slow, hate the interface, blah blah blah.

I also ended up going back to MC 9.0.  I couldnt read any of the text in the windows in the new beta, and couldnt figure out if their was a way to change the color scheme.

My CD drive is a LG CED-8080B CD-R/RW Drive.
As for updating the firm ware, i would have no idea.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up