INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I don't know why MC21 is retagging all of my music!  (Read 2026 times)

spun

I don't know why MC21 is retagging all of my music!
« on: February 04, 2016, 03:46:54 am »

Hi,
I am a longtime user of MC20 and now MC21, and recently after updating to a newer version of MC21 for Mac, my library is constantly being retagged, including all new music that is updated as it is added. What are the options that I need to disable in the settings which eliminate ALL automatic tagging for my library? It's constantly changing CRC on my entire collection, and it's really upsetting. It has never done this before, and I would like to resolve the issue. Thank you.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: I don't know why MC21 is retagging all of my music!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 04:15:41 am »

In your Import configuration under tasks, "Write Files tags ...." should be unchecked

In your import configuration, you might have added rules that are linked to your watched folder (click edit). If no rules were added by you there shouldn't be any.

uncheck General=>Online Metadata=>Allow Auto CD Lookup/Submission (Even if this is checked there would be a popup asking for confirmation

Unless there is some peculiarity about the Mac version I'm unaware about, JRiver doesn't just overwrite your tags or move files around unless you tell it too. It sounds like you reimported your media into an empty library, so its probably in your auto import config somewhere.

What you should do if you were happy with version 20, don't even bother trying to figure it out what you did.

Just take a v20 backup file and restore it in v21. Your old settings will be ported over and your original tags will be back. Usually youkeep the older version on your machine during the upgrade and everything is ported over automatically. If you have removed version 20 before installing v21, then you can still restore the backup to accomplish the same thing. Library backup files are done automatically, so short of nuking your machine you still should have it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up