INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade to v21 for Mac from v14 for windows?  (Read 4714 times)

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
Upgrade to v21 for Mac from v14 for windows?
« on: February 04, 2016, 03:22:56 pm »

This isn't a question about licensing and costs - I've been away a long time so expect to pay full price for the latest version.  I have an iPod Classic 160GB which I use all the time in my car, synced from my MC 14 playlists.  Even though I have an iPad Air and iPhone 6 I have always avoided using iTunes because I remember the early days so I've never even had it installed on any computer - MC 14 deal with all my music on the PC. 

But now I'm looking to move to a MacBook and I realise that means a jump in version numbers if I want to continue using MC with my iPod Classic.  So my question is how much pain am I likely to encounter trying to migrate my library (its very comprehensive with about 70k tracks and fully tagged) and understand my way around the new MC.

Thanks for any replies.... been a very long time since posting here.
JLee

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Upgrade to v21 for Mac from v14 for windows?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 03:46:35 pm »

MC can import old libraries if you backup in the old version and restore in the new version.  It's seven versions between the two and you might have to do one or two intermediate steps.  I'm not sure.  Old versions are on our wiki (Old Versions).

You can upgrade for $26.98 though if you're also switching your OS, it would be a Master License upgrade.  That's $29.98.  See "Upgrade" on our wiki for more details.

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 05:47:52 am »

Thanks for the reply.  I'll install the trial version of 21 on my Mac and see if I can get it migrated and working with the Classic.  Then I'll upgrade when all working.

Thanks again.
JLee

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 07:14:10 pm »

It all seems to work perfectly without any pain at all.  Just had to change the file path for Mac that's all.  All view schemes and playlists intact, which is quite something for 7 versions difference.
JLee

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 07:28:51 pm »

Your timing is lucky.  The ability of the Mac version to accept Windows paths ( \ ) and convert them to Mac paths ( / ) is maybe 6 weeks old at this point.  I'm glad to hear that it worked for you.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up