INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize Display text in Standard View, Advanced  (Read 4449 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Customize Display text in Standard View, Advanced
« on: February 05, 2016, 10:21:56 am »

I recently decided to do some more customization of the display in Standard View.  It's always bugged me that Videos (Movies, TV Shows, etc) show something wonky in the Display Area up top.  So I wrote some expressions that do different things for Audio, Video (general) and TV Shows.  This is by no means comprehensive, but I think it works nicely, so I thought I'd share.  Here are the expressions I'm using in the Customize Display dialog:

Title:
Code: [Select]
if(
  isequal([Media Type],Video),
    if(
      isequal([Media Sub Type],TV Show),
        [Name] - [Series] S[Season] EP[Episode],
        [Name]
     ), 
      [Name] <by> [Artist] <from> [Album]
)

if(isequal([Media Type],Video),
  [Elapsed Time] // [Remaining Time] // [Total Time] [File Type] regex([Compression],/#\(video: (.+), audio: (.+)\)#/,-1,0)[R1] [R2] [Channels]ch [Zone],
  [Elapsed Time] // [Remaining Time] // [Total Time] - [File Type] [Bit Depth]//[Sample Rate] kHz - [Channels] ch   [PN Position] of [PN Tracks]  ([Track #]//[Total Tracks]if(isempty([disc #]), , / D[disc #])/) [Zone]
)

I'm sure some of you out there have cool expressions you're using for display.  Maybe some of you will share them here also.

Brian.

CountryBumkin

Re: Customize Display text in Standard View, Advanced
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 11:04:36 am »

Nice of you to share.

But you also need to explain what the code does (is for) and how to use it - for those of us that are "Media Center challenged".

I think it would nice if JRiver would create a sub-forum (something like "Customization, Tips and Tricks")  as a place to put these "posts" so they don't get lost in the forum.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 11:25:36 am »

What it's for:  To change the display area at the top of Standard View where it shows time elapsed, song name, etc.  This changes the display to show useful information for regular Audio files, as well as Movies, and TV Shows.

How to use it:  Right click on the display area up top.  Choose "Customize Display".  Under Play Mode, you'll see Title and Status.  Cut and paste the code above into those areas and press OK.  Now the display has been customized.

You might want to optionally save what was originally in those areas in case you want to go back to it.

Brian.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 02:01:32 pm »

thats nice to have posted Brian  :)

Now if we could jsut  do that for  in Theater and Remote Views  :-X

nels

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 08:42:21 pm »

Brian, That display text looks great.

Here is what I used.

Title:
[Name] ([Artist] - ifelse(isequal([media type], Audio), [Album], isequal([media type], Video), [Series])) <i>[Comment]ifelse(isequal([media sub type], TV Show), S[Season] E[Episode])<//i>
[Elapsed Time] // [Total Time] - [Bitrate (labeled)] - ifelse(isequal([media type], Audio), [PN Position] of [PN Tracks], isequal([media type], Video), ) - [Zone]
After seeing yours, it's time for a change...
Pages: [1]   Go Up