INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export All Playlist  (Read 2516 times)

lkypeter

• Recent member
Export All Playlist
« on: February 07, 2016, 10:14:12 am »

Did a export all playlist and ended with a message say files stored at \user\myname\applicaion support\library\application support but I Canon even find up to library. Am on OS X El Capitan. Wanted the m3u files for classical music playlist I created.

Can let me know where the playlist files are stored?

Can also export a single playlist at a time and it allows you to specify the output path but not practical as I have over 300 playlist.

Cheers,,,,pete

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Export All Playlist
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 10:18:24 am »

You misread the message just slightly.  The playlists are in:

~/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 21/Library/Playlists

You can cut and paste that directly into Finder.  Just type <command><shift>G (or select Go > Go To Folder) and paste in that path.  The "~" means "your user directory".

Brian.

lkypeter

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 06:47:38 am »

You misread the message just slightly.  The playlists are in:

~/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 21/Library/Playlists

You can cut and paste that directly into Finder.  Just type <command><shift>G (or select Go > Go To Folder) and paste in that path.  The "~" means "your user directory".

Brian.

Tried but there is no Library under my user directory. Did I do something wrong?

Where is the export location defined so that I can put in an alternative directory

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 07:39:50 am »

Tried but there is no Library under my user directory. Did I do something wrong?

There is definitely a Library directory under your user directory.  But it's hidden by default so you can't see it in Finder.  That's why I showed you how to get there using the Go > Go To Folder menu.  Try this to see the contents of your Library folder.  Go > Go To Folder

~/Library

Where is the export location defined so that I can put in an alternative directory

I'm pretty sure that's hard coded.  You can definitely navigate there using my instructions.  All modern Macs have a Library directory under every user account.  It's a fundamental feature.

Brian.

lkypeter

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 10:05:54 am »

Thanks. Problem solved and it was hidden....

RunHomeSlow

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 08:50:01 pm »

Now with El Capitan or maybe before can't remember, you can open your HOME folder
and then type CMD J for view options... now you can click Show Library Folder at the bottom of the window...  :-)
If You Got Ears, You Gotta Listen – Captain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS 14.3 > Audirvana Origin 2.5.x >
Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >
Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13
Pages: [1]   Go Up