INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 for Mac different than windows...how to zoom images  (Read 2423 times)

bannonb

• Junior Woodchuck
MC21 for Mac different than windows...how to zoom images
« on: February 08, 2016, 09:31:57 am »

Hello:

I've searched for image zoom and image zoom mac in the forums and help pages and wasn't able to find anything germaine about zooming images on MC21 for Mac with mouse wheel.

I have a logitech mouse on a Macbook pro.  On windows I was able to view an image and use the mouse wheel to zoom...really handy.  It doesn't appear to work on the Mac version.  I find that left clicking and dragging at an angle  gives some unknown amount of zoom but there is no control.

Also find that mouse wheel doesn't scroll in videos, while keyboard does...maybe it's the mouse???

What am I missing here?  I'm sure there must be a way to do this, but I am not seeing it.

Thanks,

BannonB
------
BannonB

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC21 for Mac different than windows...how to zoom images
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 10:00:53 am »

I don't know a lot about Images support in MC.  I've only experimented with it a little.  There seems to be some sort of "zoom view".  In Albums view, when I see albums, with pictures below, each picture has a (+) icon on it.  If I click that icon, I go to a new view with just that image in the center, and albums and files on the right.

In that view, the mouse scroll wheel zooms the picture.  In fact, if you look at the bottom of that view, you'll see a row of check boxes, one of which says "Zoom on Mouse Wheel".  If it's checked, it should work.  It does on my system.  MC21.0.31

Brian.

bannonb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 10:52:08 am »

I see that and it works like you suggest.  Pan with the pointer and zoom with the wheel both work as expected.

You sort of get caught up in that preview mode for a single image, whereas in the library thumbnail mode that I am used to, I could double-click then scroll easily.  Then right arrow one after another through the images.  Then find one to zoom on.  It seems smoother and since these different platforms are from one code base I am hoping to be able to get there.

Hopefully a configuration thing?

BannonB
------
BannonB

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 12:13:59 pm »

You may be able to type a number from 0 to 9 to zoom in and out on the cursor location.

bannonb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 12:34:49 pm »

That works too.  New information...thanks.  When I use the number keys, I lose pan and scroll capability with the mouse though.

I guess I'm still looking for the mouse only zoom with least effort (like windows worked).

MC21 for Mac seems to recognize my  mouse in all other aspects, except in images and video play.

The question still remains...how to get scroll wheel to work like it was working in MC19 on Windows...
-image play--mouse wheel scroll zooms on pointer
-video play--mouse wheel advances or rewinds by jump behavior setting.

There are keyboard alternatives to each function but since the codebase is the same, shouldn't the windows and mac versions work the same?

Am I the only one that has noticed this?  Any others out there using Mac with MC21 and images / videos?

Further comment is appreciated.  

BannonB
------
BannonB

bannonb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 11:39:29 am »

OK I get it...it's not cool to ask for Macs to behave like Windows...

I have ordered a magic mouse 2 to see if that helps the behavior be the same cross-platform...
------
BannonB
Pages: [1]   Go Up