INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 21.0.45 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 4142 times)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 21.0.45 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: February 10, 2016, 03:19:07 pm »

This is the latest version of MC21 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.JRiver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210045.dmg

21.0.45 (2/9/2016)

1. NEW: Software Deinterlacing using the YADIF algorithm during video playback and transcoding.
2. Fixed: MC was not ejecting or responding to eject/insert messages for built in SD card slots on some Macs (SDXC type).
3. NEW: Added an option to the RMAC tool for Windows to Mac file path syntax easier.
4. Fixed: Audio could hiccup between tracks in recent builds.
5. Fixed: Video files without audio did not convert successfully.
6. Fixed: Picking users accounts wasn't working.
7. Fixed: Cover art embedded in FLAC files wouldn't always be found.
8. Fixed: Clearing Playing Now from the right-click menu with something playing would take a long time if there was a big prebuffer setting and a fadeout on stop mode.
9. Fixed: The Rotten Tomatoes link was broken. (Warning: if you have custom links, this change will erase them)
10. NEW: Added a Wikipedia link to the video section which will search for entries relating to a selected video title.
11. Fixed: More fixes for crashes caused by hard-killing background threads
12. Fixed: An issue with tagging errors could cause a crash when Media Center was closed.

21.0.31 (12/30/2015)

1. Fixed: External web pages were not showing because of new defaults for Webview in Xcode 7.

21.0.30 (12/30/2015)

1. Fixed: Rename, Move, & Copy dialog wasn't working in "find and replace" mode for renaming files coming from a Windows sytem (e.g. replace "C:\Music\" with "/Music/")
2. Fixed: In the Rename, Move, & Copy dialog you couldn't expand the column widths enough to see the whole filename.
3. Fixed: Some popup tool windows save their position and size if the user has adjusted them, this was not happening on Mac.
4. Fixed: DSP Studio was blinking with VST effects installed (the fix is wider and might also make drawing in general more efficient).
5. Fixed: Logging could crash MC under some circumstances.
6. Changed: Made the "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" tool no longer available when connected to a server (because the results were confusing anyway).
7. Fixed: Fixed potential hangs/crashes and memory leaks in networking code.
8. Changed: Library Server Sync is more robust against sync errors when the Library Server is restarted.
9. Changed: Enabled DoP bitstreaming for DSD256.
10. Changed: Playlist deletions get properly synced from and to Library Server clients.
11. Changed: Made a change to the tagging window to prevent editing tags when no files are selected.
12. Fixed: In Rename, Move & Copy dialog, columns couldn't be resized to show the entire filenames if they were very long.
13. Fixed: The multi-match CD dialog didn't scale nicely for high DPI.
14. Fixed: The CD information could change as a track was ripping.
15. Fixed: MCWS would send an unexpected server error response after the normal response when receiving HTTP POST requests with Keep-Alive.
16. Fixed: When resampling, the source format listed in DSP Studio wouldn't get updated properly when switching tracks.

21.0.25 (12/4/2015)

1. Fixed: Data files such as PDF's would not start up the default application when double clicked.
2. Changed: Enabled DoP bitstreaming for DSD256 (experimental).
3. Fixed: Some message boxes were slightly cut off at the bottom in Retina mode.

21.0.24 (12/1/2015)

1. Fixed: Cmd-W (close window) would enter a 'w' character into edit boxes.
2. Fixed: Corrupt tiff images caused a crash when MC tried to import them.
3. Fixed: Pressing 'w' key in popup windows triggered the cmd-w 'close window' command.
4. Fixed: MC toolbar icons were partially overlaying the left-hand close/minimize/restore buttons.
5. Fixed: When DSP Studio window was initially displayed, the current DSP plugin's info would not be shown until clicking somewhere else and then back.
6. Fixed: In the smartlist editing window, some UI controls were not showing properly.
7. Fixed: Crashes on 10.6.8 systems.
8. Fixed: Modified the Black on Black and Pearl Bailey skins to offset the toolbar icons the correct amount.
9. Fixed: If skin directory was deleted from 'Application Support' folder, MC would not run.
10. Fixed: Resizing the "Rename, Move, & Copy" dialog wasn't working right on Retina displays - it would grow way too large.
11. Fixed: Combo box drop button was too narrow on Retina displays.

21.0.19 (11/5/2015)

1. Fixed: Rename, move, copy dialog was getting partially cut-off at the bottom.
2. Fixed: Cmd-W was not working for closing windows.
3. Fixed: CD ripping was not working in build 21.0.8.
4. Fixed: Previous/Next commands work with chapters in videos.
5. NEW: Support for external sidecar subtitles.
6. NEW: Automatic stream selection based on the preferred language configured in Video -> Subtitles & Languages.
7. Fixed: Thumbnail creation for Videos would often crash JRWorker.
8. Changed: Took the (experimental) label off retina mode.
9. Fixed: When MC was maximized and user double-clicked on the title bar, app would correctly exit maximized mode, but would always position at the screen origin rather than the correct previous origin.
10. Fixed: When MC was maximized and user single clicked on the title bar, app would exit maximized mode which should only happen on double-click.
11. NEW: MC now supports the system preference setting for double-clicking the title bar.  Three settings: 1. Disabled, 2. Maximize/Restore, 3. Minimize.
12. Changed: Display defaults to retina mode if the primary monitor is high-res and the user had never selected a setting.
13. Fixed: Left tree view default width was too narrow on Retina displays.
14. NEW: Doctor Who is now available under Playlists.  30 second samples not quite working yet.
15. Fixed: DLNA socket threads that got hung up would sometimes not cancel properly so MC would hard-kill them resulting in crashes and/or memory leaks.

21.0.8 (9/8/2015)

1. Fixed: DSD multi-channel music bit-streamed in DoPe format was not working, would output noise or choppy audio or silence.  Tested on exaSound e28 DAC.
2. Fixed: Increased the size of the video frame buffer to improve smoothness of certain videos.

21.0.7 (9/3/2015)

1. Fixed: Copy/Paste of file list data was only pasting file pathnames, not the data from the list grid.
2. Fixed: Drag & drop operations could occasionally cause a crash.
3. Changed: Switched back to old Core Audio hardware buffer size presets (Hardware Default, Maximum, Maximum Power of 2).  The default is now Hardware Default as it was prior to 6/29/2015.
4. Changed: Added larger software buffering sizes (750, 1000 ms).
5. Changed: Power management improvements to hopefully minimize audio dropouts.  Besides preventing App Nap during playback, MC also prevents hard disk idle (and network idle when serving files).
6. Fixed: Memory leak in SACD DST decoding.
7. Changed: Added the stock smartlist 'Audio -- Task -- Missing files'.

21.0.6 (8/26/2015)

1. Fixed: Bad build, corrupt DMG package caused app to fail Gatekeeper test.

21.0.5 (8/25/2015)

1. Fixed: Crash was occurring following a library restore.
2. Fixed: Trial period was not working.
3. Fixed: MC20 and MC21 licenses were clashing.

21.0.4 (8/21/2015)

1. Fixed: DSP Studio presets could not be saved/loaded/deleted.
2. Fixed: Display view sometimes would become detached from Media Center and could remain showing over the top of other views.

21.0.3 (8/19/2015)

1. NEW: Subtitle Support during Video Playback.
2. Fixed: A gray box would appear instead of the player controls during video playback.
3. Fixed: A Mac Client would display chart view instead of file list view.
4. Fixed: MC would not open saved library views.
5. Fixed: The "View Current Log" button on the logging dialog wasn't working.
6. Fixed: Exporting a playlist to HTML didn't open a browser to view the playlist properly.
7. Fixed: Viewing the html of a gallery in preview mode didn't open a browser properly to view the preview.
8. Fixed: Viewing of the Debug Log.
9. NEW: Image support.
10. Fixed: Saving a library view would incorrectly put a backslash in the path.

21.0.2 (8/5/2015)

1. Changed: Updated the licensing for version 21 (internal change).

21.0.1 (8/4/2015)

1. NEW: Added the sample rates 705600 and 768000 to the Output Format dialog.
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. NEW: Added an image playback mode 'Display images using a 2D renderer' to the options of Images.  Will use a 2D space for rendering instead of a 3D space.  Mostly for Linux / Mac, but please test.
4. NEW: Added the MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayPlaylist function to play a playlist in a specified zone.
5. NEW: Sending files to a particular zone disables Zone Switch from engaging.
6. NEW: Volume Leveling uses the additional Headroom provided by Internal Volume for a more consistent experience on highly dynamic tracks or when downmixing.
7. NEW: Added a 'Clean results' checkbox to the Fill Properties From Filename tool that will fix spacing, capitalization, etc.
8. NEW: Added an expression function Row() that outputs the current row number of a record.
9. NEW: Added the command 'ZoneSwitch...' to the Audio options page.
10. Changed: Made the search suggestions a little wider and fixed the sizing to account for high DPI.
11. Changed: Marked "<unknown album>" and "<unknown name>" for translation.
12. Changed: Marked a bunch of strings in the TiVo server for translation.
13. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
14. Changed: When a zone is cleared, it will clear all the linked zones as well (applies to MCWS/v1/Playback/ClearPlaylist but also other areas as well).
15. Changed: Added a few more 'o' character variations to the diacritical ignoring code.
16. NEW: MCWS Browse/Children contains more information about the type of the entry, and the PlaylistID if appropriate (only when requesting Version 2).
17. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo).
18. Changed: Added a few more diacriticals to the list of things for ignoring during sorting.

blgentry

Re: JRiver Media Center 21.0.45 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 04:30:01 pm »

3. NEW: Added an option to the RMAC tool to make converting Windows file path syntax to Mac syntax easier.

Using the same test library I've used before, this worked really well and easily!  The check box works nicely and Find and Replace works as expected.  A solid improvement to the first release of this feature.  As far as I can tell this is "done". 

1. NEW: Software Deinterlacing using the YADIF algorithm during video playback and transcoding.

Deinterlacing looks really good on the few files I tested it with.  I'm used to being able to toggle that feature on and off (in VLC), but if it auto detects properly and doesn't impact sharpness on non-interlaced content, I'm happy.

However, there seems to be side effect with rewinding.  I frequently use hot keys to jump forward and backward.  The built in keys definitions are 30 seconds forward and 10 seconds backward.  This is useful (for example) when watching TV shows and skipping over the same intro segment in every episode.  But 30 seconds forward sometimes skips a bit too far, so I use 10 seconds backward to get back to where I want to be.  This has been working very well in past releases.  In this release, the 10 second skip back freezes the video, then audio drops out about 3 or 4 seconds later.  Something like 10 seconds total later, the video and audio come back and begin playing again.

Jumping backwards by clicking on the timeline is similar but worse.  The sync seems to take a really long time when jumping with the mouse, backwards.  This worked very well in previous versions.

Overall, thanks guys for the new release.  It really is nice to have good deinterlacing support now for all of the TV shows I have that are interlaced.  :)

Brian.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 04:40:38 pm »

However, there seems to be side effect with rewinding.  I frequently use hot keys to jump forward and backward.  The built in keys definitions are 30 seconds forward and 10 seconds backward.  This is useful (for example) when watching TV shows and skipping over the same intro segment in every episode.  But 30 seconds forward sometimes skips a bit too far, so I use 10 seconds backward to get back to where I want to be.  This has been working very well in past releases.  In this release, the 10 second skip back freezes the video, then audio drops out about 3 or 4 seconds later.  Something like 10 seconds total later, the video and audio come back and begin playing again.

Jumping backwards by clicking on the timeline is similar but worse.  The sync seems to take a really long time when jumping with the mouse, backwards.  This worked very well in previous versions.

Thats a bug, will be fixed in the next version. Sorry for the trouble.
Forgot to flush the deinterlacer on seek, so it still spit out a frame from the position before the seek, causing havoc all around.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 04:48:33 pm »

^ Thanks Hendrick.  I really am happy to have deinterlacing.  :)

Hey another feature seems to have made it into this release that didn't make it into the release notes:

The menu item:  View > Load /Save View now has a Delete item.  This is fantastic.  I've been manually deleting these entries (every now and then) and am always very cautious since it involves editing the INI file.  Deleting seems to work; I just got rid of an old useless Saved View.

But... Now saving doesn't seem to do anything (View > Load / Save View > Save...).  Darn.

Brian.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 04:58:45 pm »

Sorry for all the replies here, just trying to fully report and document my findings.

This bug from the last release is still present:

6. Fixed: In the smartlist editing window, some UI controls were not showing properly.

This bug, fixed in 21.0.24 is back.

As a reminder:  This is the bug that makes the Edit Smartlist window cut off the last column in rules, blanking out that third column until you resize the window or change one of the other controls.  It also affects the DSP Studio window, but I'm sure the same fix from before will fix the whole thing.

Brian.

stevel

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 09:52:57 am »

JRiver Support: Firstly, thank you for the most recent update 21.0.45 (2/9/2016). I had a chance to play with this new update and so far after several hours of listening to DSD everything is working perfectly!

Thank you!

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 10:16:18 pm »

11. Fixed: More fixes for crashes caused by hard-killing background threads

I'm guessing this fixed a number of issues.  I ran some tests and did not have any failures.  Previously I had hangs when importing many video files.  Now I can't induce it using the same tests as before.

At least as importantly, analyzing audio on video files was hanging rather frequently.  I just ran through a bunch of video files analyzing them and had no issues:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=102081.0

I'm going to thank Hendrick because I think he worked on this.  John gets thanks too of course!  I appreciate all of your efforts to make the Mac version better and better.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up