INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo & JRemote - New library item not possible to create  (Read 1541 times)

Jake81

• Recent member
Gizmo & JRemote - New library item not possible to create
« on: January 21, 2016, 02:00:43 am »

Hello,

I've tried to make a new library item "Genre for Video) in Customize Gizmo but it does not show in Gizmo Web & JRemote. The player is a Intel NUC on Win 7 and it read his library from another JRiver PC.

I make the same new item on another pc with JRiver and it works w/o any problem. yesterday I've tried it on a third PC and this works also.
This both PC's are reading the library's from the same Synology server.

Could it be something with the Intel NUC because it reads the library from another JRiver PC?
Could it be something with some rights, as far as i now the Intel NUC is installed as administrator?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jacky

jacou

Re: Gizmo & JRemote - New library item not possible to create
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 03:34:17 am »

Hi Jacky,

I have spent quite a long time to understand that the presentation of the changes that you do in the library views that can be seen by remotes like JRemote or Gizmo is not available at the time you click on OK.
This is typically a "feature"  that was unforseen  :P
I am using MC18 and may be it has been corrected in the newer versions.

You MUST close JRiver Media Server completely. I am not sure if you need to close your computer as well (some services might still be running and I do not know which ones)

In order to verify what you have done at the level of the presentation of the new library view, do as shown below:

With your web browser (on the computer itself !) go to the following adress :
http://localhost:52199/LibraryServer/

If you see the new branch that you have created, you're OK

On your smartphone, maybe you will need to delete the content of the application cache.

Cheers,
Jacou
Pages: [1]   Go Up