INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver crashes after few seconds of Playback  (Read 6881 times)

panda777

• Recent member
JRiver crashes after few seconds of Playback
« on: February 21, 2016, 05:24:23 am »

Hello i am French and new on the forum and JRiver, because i used before Audirvana 2+.

So my Big problem is that JRiver 21.0.50 for Mac crashes all time after few seconds of playback.... I use DLNA devices and i thought that the issue would be fixed with this version but NO.....

Any help please ?

PS : I use El Capitan 10.10.4 Developer.
PS :2 . sorry for my bad English...

THANKS !
AUDIO SYSTEM : YBA PASSION IA350 / PIERRE-ETIENNE LÉON Quattro R+ / DAC AUDIOMAT TEMPO 2.8 / CABLES ESPRIT and ACTINOTE / STREAMER ETALON + ETALON ISOLATOR / NAS SYNOLOGY / OS X EL CAPITAN

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver crashes after few seconds of Playback
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 05:40:07 am »

Does it crash if you turn off Media Network?

Please see the topic on Logging on our wiki.

panda777

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 05:48:28 am »

Hi,

The problem is that i NEED the DLNA devices... For better sound, indeed is for this reason that i choose JRiver versus Audirvana : the possibiity to use my NAS and Network Player.

Thanks for your back.

I don't know where find your wiki.
AUDIO SYSTEM : YBA PASSION IA350 / PIERRE-ETIENNE LÉON Quattro R+ / DAC AUDIOMAT TEMPO 2.8 / CABLES ESPRIT and ACTINOTE / STREAMER ETALON + ETALON ISOLATOR / NAS SYNOLOGY / OS X EL CAPITAN

panda777

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 06:04:24 am »

I found the wiki and will send you a report. For now, i think is option to show the equalizer in the player that makes the bug... But no sure....

panda777

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 06:32:38 am »

My log is attached...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 06:42:09 am »

The problem is that i NEED the DLNA devices... For better sound, indeed is for this reason that i choose JRiver versus Audirvana : the possibiity to use my NAS and Network Player.
Please turn off Media Network.  Only to test.

panda777

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 06:49:33 am »

I turned off the media Network and crashes.....

panda777

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 06:52:25 am »

new log attached....

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 07:53:12 am »

Turn off Media Network and reboot.

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 08:55:06 am »

Your logs show a lot of import activity.  A TON of it is on "bad files" and on "skipped files".  I'm not sure why it's saying that it's skipping files that are already in the database.

It's hard to say what's going wrong, but turning off Auto Import would be one place to start.  Tools > Options > Library & Folders > run auto import in background > (uncheck)

I'm no expert.  Just trying to help out a little bit.

Brian.

panda777

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 09:53:00 am »

to Brian and JimH : I turned off media Network ,reboot and still doesn't work... BUT

I turned off Auto Import and for now NO CRASHES ! :D

But a question : how make JRiver for read my music on my NAS if media Network is OFF ? I don't understand...

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR COMMON AND QUICK HELP !!!

blgentry

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 10:00:20 am »

Media Network controls access by things like:  Other MC computers, DLNA servers, clients and renderers, remote controls like Gizmo and JRemote.  Media Network does NOT have anything to do with file sharing.

Some NAS boxes also have DLNA servers.  But that complicates things and is not necessary.  I recommend connecting to your NAS, from MC, as a normal file share and NOT as a DLNA device.  According to your logs, I think you are already doing this.  I see files in /Volumes/Music 2/ .  I'm guessing this is your NAS?  If so, you should still be able to access it, even with Media Network turned off.

Brian.

panda777

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 10:16:04 am »

Exactly Brian ! Volumes /Music 2/ is my NAS...

But next week i will receive an ETALON Streamer (Network player + server DLNA and Unpn, SqueezeBox) so in this case i will need the Media Network Control i think ! ?....

Anyway the problem was more the AUTO IMPORT that i turned off.

Merci à vous !

BradATIMA

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 08:37:42 am »

Can you reproduce this crash and then post the Mac crash report? That might give us more information to find out what is going wrong.

panda777

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 10:41:22 am »

Hi ! I try to reproduce the crash but now all works fine (even if i activate the Auto-Import and the Media Network...) so i think the bug was to the beginning, when i imported manually a big playlist from my NAS (about 1,2 To) and that in the same time JRiver was in Auto-Import...

But i will come back with a report if happen again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up