INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to set priority for multiple audio devices?  (Read 1746 times)

dali71

• Recent member
Possible to set priority for multiple audio devices?
« on: February 23, 2016, 04:35:06 pm »

I have my PC running via HDMI into my receiver, which outputs to my TV and speakers. Later in the evening, I prefer to use my headphones for audio, with a USB DAC/headphone amp connected to my PC. Is it possible to set device priority to where JRiver will use the DAC if it's powered on and fall back to the receiver when the DAC is off?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Possible to set priority for multiple audio devices?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 08:53:28 am »

Hi and welcome.

Can't see how JRiver is going to recognize your DAC, it being after in the signal chain so to speak. However you can set up a separate zone for each device/output, configuring each to your liking. One can run as default on startup. You can also automate the switch between zones, but you would have to set up some criteria and as I assume you would be outputting your music to both "zones", can't see how that would help.

It would be easy to set a toggle via a remote, keyboard short cut or UI icon to switch zones.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones

dali71

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 04:44:35 pm »

Using zones is an acceptable solution, as it's much faster than going into the audio options any time I switch devices. I appreciate the assistance.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 04:42:39 am »

You are very welcome. Happy Listening :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up