INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get 2 audio channels from windows 10  (Read 3643 times)

steved

How to get 2 audio channels from windows 10
« on: February 24, 2016, 06:02:44 am »

Hi Guys, first post. Hi I have a computer thingy, it feeds my online tv through a HDMI cable. I also use it to feed my Dac via a usb cable. Trouble is it wont feed both. I use my stereo only for listening to music as the tv has a sound bar. So when i am online and streaming music the USB cable will not feed my DAC. Unfortunately this could be worked around on windows until the geniuses at Microsoft decided it was surplus to requirements ::) ?. I have bought a harmony universal remote and need to change the audio playback with the mouse to switch between my dac an sound bar which kind of defeats the purpose of having a universal remote. Can JRiver assist in this aspect ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to get 2 audio channels from windows 10
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 06:33:30 am »

Welcome.  MC has Zones that let you play different media different places.  It can switch automatically.

The wiki has topics on Zones and on Zone Switch.

steved

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 08:40:38 am »

Could somebody outline how this works?

Thanks ? :)

Arindelle

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 11:21:02 am »

Maybe the easiest way to set this up is to create a zone for each:  HDMI zone and DAC zone.  Then link them together (right click on zone > Link zone).  Then leave them linked all the time, so they both play.

Otherwise, you'll need to switch zones when you want to switch sources, which might take some work using a remote.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up