INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low Volume  (Read 5574 times)

Macon Richardson

Low Volume
« on: February 24, 2016, 06:42:34 am »

I just reinstalled Windows 7 on my computer as well as all my applications. For reasons that elude me, the volume in JRiver Media Center 17 is much lower than it previously was.

Let me assure you that if the technical excellence of JRiver Media Center was not the best, I would abandon it. But it's quality is supurb and I struggle to make the necessary adjustments to use it. While the technical excellence is the best, documentation on how to adjust the various settings is worse for me than reading 1970s Japanese stereo instructions. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to achieve maximum volume? Your help would be deeply appreciated. Please understand that references to other pages haven't helped me. I have tried following them to no avail. I need someone who can systematically work me through one specific issue--maximizing volume.

The problem isn't in the computer. Other sound and video applications yield much better volume than does Media Center 17. Therefore, the problem must be in the settings I am using within Media Center 17.

Help!

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Low Volume
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 10:01:16 am »

Hi there

Well the problem is that your version hasn't been around and supported since 2012. I frankly don't remember how volume levels are set up under that version, so unless you want to post a lot of screen shots, can't help you much except link you to pages on the Wiki - which apparently you tried to read already. Have you considered buying an upgrade?

If you are using the internal volume option (hover your mouse over the speaker icon near the top left of the main interface) , just make sure your windows system volume is at 100% that's probably where I would look first.

Macon Richardson

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 09:30:07 pm »

You ask why I have not updated to a new version of JRiver Media Center. It's quite simple: For all the technical excellence of the product, I have had endless difficulties setting the product up, that is, adjusting the various controls. I had achieved an uneasy truce with the product until I had to reinstall a clean copy of Windows 7. I feel like a blind man learning how to type. Might as well be a room full of monkeys. Were I able to master this maze of adjustments, I'd love to have a new version of JRiver Media Center; until then I have reservations--a blind man learning to drive a Bugatti.

Of course I maximized volume in both Windows and on my sound card. Were JRiver Media Center to have a "reset to default" button, I could test each and every setting until I found one that worked. Alas, that is not the case. Were JRiver to have a systematic workbook to explain each setting, I could read and test. Alas, that is not the case either. Instead, there are a myriad of Wiki articles, each of which may or may not address the issue. Or an endless array of forum posts difficult to navigate.

I think my question is a fair one and deserves a better answer than the condescending superficial one you have given me. I await someone who might answer it better.

Macon Richardson

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 04:01:08 am »

I fixed the problem myself. Waiting on errand boys sent by grocery clerks is not my cup of tea. If you want a job done well, do it yourself, huh.

Macon Richardson
Pages: [1]   Go Up