INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming to Sony Bravia problem  (Read 1164 times)

troopermeade

• Recent member
Streaming to Sony Bravia problem
« on: February 25, 2016, 04:40:26 pm »

I'm not hopeful of getting a solution but perhaps some idea of what might be causing the problem.

The PC with video content is only 12 feet from the Sony. The connection is wireless.

When all is working well Sony shows within MP21 as a player and I stream programs to it without any problems whatsoever. I also use Gizmo on my phone and tablet and that works seamlessly.

The problem I have is that, sometimes, the Sony doesn't appear in the Playing list and I can't come up with any solution. I close down MP and switch off the TV and that sometimes fixes the problem but not always. There are also times when the TV appears as a player but I get a message which says 'There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device. Double check your device, server and network settings'

So I guess what I'm asking is, what causes MP to display this message? Is it because it's lost the signal from the TV or is it the WIFI network - or would that give a different error? the TV, MP21, Win10 or the Wireless network? Any ideas as to where to look would be greatly appreciated.

I'm just trying to get an idea where to look.

Simon

PS Even though I don't use one 10th of the facilities of MP21 and even though I don't really understand a lot of what it does I wouldn't be without it and think it's wonderful piece of software engineering.

troopermeade

• Recent member
Re: Streaming to Sony Bravia problem
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 01:27:44 am »

I've just set up Cast on my Win10 PC and can send a video to the Bravia which is recognised within the Cast to TV screen.
At the same time MC21 doesn't register the Bravia.
I would have thought that this indicates that the WIFI netork is working as is the Bravia.
If the problem is within MC21 can anyone suggest what I should be looking at? Remember that sometimes it works well through MC21 and then just disappears.
Pages: [1]   Go Up