INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import or move smartlists from another MC library  (Read 2464 times)

lpr

• World Citizen
Import or move smartlists from another MC library
« on: February 27, 2016, 09:20:41 am »

I have many smartlists in my Media Center library on Windows. I can't seem to find a way to import them or move them on my linux version of MC on Ubuntu. Both system can see each others libraries but the smartlist stay on their respective system.

Is there an easy way to import them in Linux?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Import or move smartlists from another MC library
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 09:38:04 am »

I don't know of a supported way to do this.  Moving libraries from platform to platform should work.  But you want to move only the smart lists.  You could try doing something like this.  I would make a database backup first of course!

1.  Backup Library with SmartLists on windows.
2.  On Linux, highlight all files, then export playlist as MPL.  Make note of the file name.
3.  Linux:  Restore Library from step 1 above.
4.  Highlight all media (they are probably all invalid paths anyway), and delete them.
5.  The smartlists should remain and you should have no media. in the library.
6.  Import playlist from step 2 above.  This should get all of your media from the original library into the new library from Windows with the smarlists intact.

You could try variations of this depending on exactly what you want from each library.  Again, make backups and be careful!

Brian.

lpr

• World Citizen
Re: Import or move smartlists from another MC library
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 09:19:50 am »

Thanks for the reply. I think it will be safer just to redo them with a copy & paste of the export string.
Pages: [1]   Go Up