INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 24/96 files play as 24/48  (Read 2551 times)

Daverich4

• Junior Woodchuck
24/96 files play as 24/48
« on: February 27, 2016, 11:56:53 am »

I'm using JRiver to play to a Logitech Transporter which outputs to a DSpeaker DAC. I noticed the other day that my 24/96 files, both .aif and .flac are being seen by the DAC as 24/48. When I drive the Transporter with Logitech Media Server the DAC sees the same files as 24/96 so I don't think it's a problem with the Transporter/DAC combination. I'm using Media Center 21 on a Mac Running OS 10.11.3. Is there a setting that I need to change or something else? Thanks.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: 24/96 files play as 24/48
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 12:14:31 pm »

Check what your output formats are set to here:

Player > DSP Studio > Output format > (should be checked already)

Player > DSP Studio > Output format > Sample Rate :
See what 96000 Hz is set to.  Set it to "no change" if you want 96k send unaltered as 96k.

Brian.

Daverich4

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 04:35:14 pm »

Check what your output formats are set to here:

Player > DSP Studio > Output format > (should be checked already)

Player > DSP Studio > Output format > Sample Rate :
See what 96000 Hz is set to.  Set it to "no change" if you want 96k send unaltered as 96k.

Brian.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the suggestion. I took a look at that setting and it was actually unchecked so I changed that. I also checked under the Media Network settings where you set up the DLNA servers and changed it in the appropriate drop down there. Unfortunately, even after restarting Media Center 24/96 files are still playing as 24/48 files. Thanks again.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 04:55:39 pm »

I missed something in your first post.  The Logitech network device.  Like you said, that's controlled by DLNA, so you'll need to alter your DLNA settings.  This can be kind of an involved process.

If there's any way for you to connect the DAC directly to your Mac, you're going to have a much easier time with this.  If you really must use the DLNA device, you might ask for more guidance in the Media Network Forum

Good luck to you.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up