INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MKV and M2TS files won't play in version 21.0.50  (Read 4258 times)

John Smith

• Junior Woodchuck
MKV and M2TS files won't play in version 21.0.50
« on: March 08, 2016, 08:29:10 am »

Gents, I tried to use that 21.0.50 and very disappointed... I installed it above my 21.0.31.  I've tried some .mkv - did not work. I've tried some m2ts - the same unhappy result.  :'(

So I moved to my previous 21.0.31, keeping all previous settings.  The same media files are OK now, so the setting were correct, just 21.0.50 did not work correctly.

So I am waiting for 21.0.60 now...  :)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
MKV and M2TS files won't play in version 21.0.50
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 09:06:49 am »

Gents, I tried to use that 21.0.50 and very disappointed... I installed it above my 21.0.31.  I've tried some .mkv - did not work. I've tried some m2ts - the same unhappy result.  :'(

So I moved to my previous 21.0.31, keeping all previous settings.  The same media files are OK now, so the setting were correct, just 21.0.50 did not work correctly.

So I am waiting for 21.0.60 now...  :)

I tried to reproduce this, but I am not having any trouble playing mkv or m2ts files on 21.0.50. I do have a couple of questions.

Can you explain what happens when you try to play these file types?
Which Mac OS are you running?
Have you made any changes to the video settings?
Can you post a log after this problem occurs?

John Smith

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MKV and M2TS files won't play in version 21.0.50
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 10:18:05 am »

I tried to reproduce this, but I am not having any trouble playing mkv or m2ts files on 21.0.50. I do have a couple of questions.

Can you explain what happens when you try to play these file types?
Which Mac OS are you running?
Have you made any changes to the video settings?
Can you post a log after this problem occurs?

Please find my response.

1) OS X 10.9.5 - the latest Maverick
2) No changes, just installed and run
3) I have seen this message in dialog box one time  - "Something wrong with playback".  Something like this.  Just once.
4) I already moved to my previous 31 version. However I can share the log.  Just indicate the log file location and name.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 10:59:47 am »

I have no M2TS files.  But I have lots of MKVs that were made from DVDs, so they have MPEG2 video and native audio.  All of them play fine on my system with MC21.0.50 on OS X 10.9.5 .

I wonder if the message you saw was audio related or just a generic "I can't play it" message.

My feeling is that this is a configuration issue and not an MC version thing.  But I don't have any evidence.  Just my feeling.

Brian.

John Smith

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 12:46:58 pm »

I have no M2TS files.  But I have lots of MKVs that were made from DVDs, so they have MPEG2 video and native audio.  All of them play fine on my system with MC21.0.50 on OS X 10.9.5 .

I wonder if the message you saw was audio related or just a generic "I can't play it" message.

My feeling is that this is a configuration issue and not an MC version thing.  But I don't have any evidence.  Just my feeling.

Brian.
Brian, I have got some working configuration with .31.  No issues. Then I upgraded MC to .50, keeping the same configuration. After that I can't play mkv and m2ts.
I returned to .31. The configuration was kept.  And now all is OK.

So, seems the configuration is not the cause of the issue.

BradATIMA

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 03:08:14 pm »

Would it be possible for you to upload one of these files and then give us a link to the location so we can test it out? So far, I can't seem to reproduce this error.

John Smith

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 04:30:19 pm »

Would it be possible for you to upload one of these files and then give us a link to the location so we can test it out? So far, I can't seem to reproduce this error.
NP. https://rarbg.to/torrent/4bw25sg

John Smith

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 01:47:12 pm »

Installed 21.0.55.  It's OK now.  Thanks for correction.
Pages: [1]   Go Up