INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album art no longer displays in "Now Playing" display  (Read 4233 times)

SkipH

• Recent member
Album art no longer displays in "Now Playing" display
« on: March 11, 2016, 02:49:53 pm »

Like always, you get "new guy" questions, but that's what forums are for, right?  Anyway, I'm running MC21 on a 2015 Mac Mini and everything seemed to humming along just fine.  However, all of the sudden, the album art disappeared in the "Now Playing" display in the lower left corner of  the Standard View. It also does not display in Display View.  The album art is displayed for all of the artists and albums but just not as mentioned.  What I do see is simply a layer with grey and white squares.  Anyone have an idea what I did or how I can fix it?  Thanks.

Skip

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album art no longer displays in "Now Playing" display
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 04:45:30 pm »

That lower left display is an alternate display that comes up when the "regular" cover art display is not showing.  The "regular" display is just above the Now Playing list in standard view.  Album art should show there as long as you don't have the divider pulled all the way to the top, which hides it.

Display View *should* work correctly, showing album art with a black background.  However, in some earlier builds Display view didn't work as well.  It's worked well for at least the last couple of months.  The current builds should be fine.  It works well here with 21.0.50.

Brian.

SkipH

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 08:16:22 am »

I am running 21.0.50.  I have attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing.  If you're familiar with Photoshop, it looks just like an empty layer.  That is, a frame with rows and rows of gray and white squares.  I see the same thing when I go to View/Display View. I just discovered also that while playing, the frame is filled with gray & white squares.  However, when I press the stop button, the actual album art flashes for a millisecond before closing the window.

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 04:06:43 pm »

Can you locate the cover art image and e-mail it to me so we can try it out here? I'm brad at jriver dot com.

SkipH

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 04:16:17 pm »

Hey, Brad.  I'm not sure what you mean.  The cover art is in each of the album folders on my NAS and show up in the Artist View, Album View and the others.  As you can see from the screenshot, the cover shows with the list of the album cuts but not to the left.  Therefore, once I move from my original selection there's no album art display in the lower left corner of what's currently playing.  Except, as I mentioned, when I click Stop, the album art appears for a split second and then, of course, that display panel goes away. The odd thing it simply stopped working.  Thanks for looking into it.

-Skip

BradATIMA

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 08:55:48 am »

Well, I'm trying to figure out if Media Center is having trouble with the cover art image file itself or if it's something else. Does it do this for all your album cover art or is it only certain albums that won't display in the action window. Does it display cover art properly in the display window in the Playing Now view? I'm having no trouble with cover art displaying in the action window here.

SkipH

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 09:56:43 am »

It won't display any album art in the Action window, Now Playing or the Display View.  I have over 2,500 albums and the Album art appears to show correctly in every other instance except those the three mentioned.  I tried uninstalling MC and reinstalling, hoping that would fix it, but apparently I'm not getting a complex uninstall because when I restart after reinstalling, I don't have to re-import the library or anything.  It's all like it was before the reinstall.

BradATIMA

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 10:50:27 am »

What you're seeing in the action window is what Media Center will display if the image is completely transparent. I'm not sure why it's doing that with all your cover art. If you could figure out where Media Center is reading the cover art images from and then send me a copy of the cover art file, I could take a look at it here. Or, if it's storing the cover art image in the audio file itself, could you send the audio file to my e-mail address?

SkipH

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 10:35:02 am »

Sorry, Brad.  Work has absorbed all of my time lately.  I haven't done much to customize MC so I was considering just deleting and reinstalling.  I tried it once but all of my settings came back so I'm clearly not getting everything deleted.  Recommendations?  BTW, the album art is stored with each album's music files.  Thanks for your help.

Skip

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 11:46:09 am »

If you want to delete your library, all settings, and everything else associated with JRiver, you'll want to delete it's folder:

~/Library/Application Support/J River

You can get to that directory in finder by using the "Go > go to folder" menu item and pasting in that path.

Brian.

SkipH

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 11:53:29 am »

Super.  Thanks, Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up