INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback Problem: ASIO Sample Rate of 48000Hz  (Read 1712 times)

phil1331

• Recent member
Playback Problem: ASIO Sample Rate of 48000Hz
« on: March 13, 2016, 08:29:25 pm »

Hello,

I started some music this evening and playback failed with the attached Playback Problem. Normally, knowing me, I probably had some setting wrong, but everything was working fine for the last few weeks using all the same settings.  It even worked this afternoon.  The only things that changed: I rebooted my computer once and I rebooted my NAS (which stores my music) for unrelated reasons. 

Error message tells me that the ASIO device "SB Audigy 2 ZS 24/96" does not support the sample rate of 48000 Hz.  (It does, according the manual and the fact I've been using it for some time.)

I have tried playing 44 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, and 176 kHz files.  (Files which all worked previously.)  Within DSP Studio Output formatting, I've tried adjusting the Sample rate conversions in various ways (no change, everything set to 48 Hz, or to 96 Hz, etc.).  I keep getting that same message.  The audio card supports 48 Khz, but even more confusingly, something keeps adjusting the output in the audio path to 48 Khz (which fails), even when I play other source material or convert the Sample rate.  I even tried disabling the Output Format within the DSP Studio.

Using other audio modes, such as the plain Creative ASIO or the Audigy 2 ZS ASIO options, will get some files to play, but not all of them.  Other errors pop up.  But I'm really trying to return to the 'SB Audigy 2 ZS 24/96' option which (I believe?) is the best option for my hardware and it's worked before this evening....

Computer is Win7, latest patches.  JRiver is 21.0.50.  Audio is all FLAC on a Synology NAS.  Audio card is Audigy 2 ZS 24/96 and its old-ish I admit, but it's worked well for me.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.  Attaching some screen shots. 

Thanks,
Phil

Pages: [1]   Go Up