INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to sort playlist by the date added to the playlist  (Read 1494 times)

booville

• Recent member
How to sort playlist by the date added to the playlist
« on: March 16, 2016, 07:57:03 am »

I have playlists for various activities.  I want to permanently order the playlist by the order I added the track to the playlist... this works when you create a playlist from scratch but is not sticky.  Date imported doesn't work bc that's only for the import of the file/media itself into jriver.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to sort playlist by the date added to the playlist
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 08:01:52 am »

I don't think this information is stored or recorded anywhere. If you are adding them sequentially, then the sequence number (order) is the closest thing to what you're asking for.  If you lock the playlist, the sequence number should not change, unless you move files around, or add more in the middle or something.

You could copy the sequence number to another field, but it would probably be difficult to maintain.

What are you trying to do exactly?

Brian.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to sort playlist by the date added to the playlist
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 08:25:36 am »

Have not tried this, but if you set up a custom field ([date added] or some such) and set it
=now()
Would it then hold that date?  I suspect it would, but it may just continually update the now()

edit: to try it, make a custom field.  Add tracks to playlist.  Select tracks, and change the new field to =now().  Wait till tomorrow and see

If you set the actual field to now() it'll likely keep changing, but if you set the field to a string or date format and then set it inside the playlist I suspect it will work
Pages: [1]   Go Up