INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IP Aliases and UPnP issue  (Read 2588 times)

herr_schneider

• Junior Woodchuck
IP Aliases and UPnP issue
« on: March 24, 2016, 10:00:56 am »

Dear all,

I have set up the machine MC is running on (Jessie, 64bit) with IP aliases. Since this change, UPnP resp. DLNA devices loose connection to the MC UPnP servers every few minutes. This is reproducible. Switch aliases off: everything fine. Switch aliases on: complete connection loss after about 3-5 minutes.

Any help appreciated.

Happy Easter.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: IP Aliases and UPnP issue
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 01:53:54 pm »

Could you explain what an IP alias is?   Or provide a link?

herr_schneider

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 07:13:47 pm »

IP aliasing is associating more than one IP address to a network interface. See i.e. https://wiki.debian.org/NetworkConfiguration#Multiple_IP_addresses_on_one_Interface on how to do it.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 04:52:21 pm »

Dear all,

I have set up the machine MC is running on (Jessie, 64bit) with IP aliases. Since this change, UPnP resp. DLNA devices loose connection to the MC UPnP servers every few minutes. This is reproducible. Switch aliases off: everything fine. Switch aliases on: complete connection loss after about 3-5 minutes.

Any help appreciated.

Happy Easter.
I have IP aliases with multiple interfaces on my home linux box without seeing your issue.
MC simply enumerates all of the interfaces and broadcasts it's presence on all of them.
You can disable specific interfaces by specifying the address/netmask in the Media Network Options ->Advanced->Interfaces to ignore

Note that this was inadventently removed in build 21.0.48 and will return in the next build.
Pages: [1]   Go Up