INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio device changes when using remote desktop into computer  (Read 910 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Audio device changes when using remote desktop into computer
« on: March 29, 2016, 11:10:33 am »

When using remote desktop the regular soundcards are (as a default) not available in windows. This seems to confuse MC, as it changes the sound-card chosen in the program. Causing sound not to be played when again using the computer locally.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio device changes when using remote desktop into computer
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 12:11:35 pm »

Open Remote Desktop (on the computer that you're connecting from).  Click Options and open the Local Resources tab.  In the pulldown menu under 'Remote computer sound', select 'Leave at remote computer.' Connect to the remote computer and save the changes so that it remembers in the future.

You can also disable this globally on the server side using Group Policy if you want to, though it is easiest just to disable it on the client side.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

R32NJ

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Audio device changes when using remote desktop into computer
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 06:55:00 am »

I was changing DAC's for the first time in many years and now I strictly use remote desktop for PC maintenance.  I couldn't figure out why I could not see my new DAC but this post resolved it.  Just wanted to reply that this was the fix I needed! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up