INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with font sizes on iMac Retina 21.5.  (Read 2343 times)

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
Problem with font sizes on iMac Retina 21.5.
« on: April 02, 2016, 04:54:29 am »

I am trying MC on an iMac Retina 21.5.  If I set View > Size 100% Retina Mode, and then Tree and View > ...Select Font Helvetica Size 12, two things happen.  The font goes very small, way smaller than Helvetica 12 in any other app. But if I quit and reenter MC, then its a reasonable size, i.e. it doubles in size, but if I look in "Tree and View > .. Select Font" the size is now shown as 24. And if I quit MC and reenter, it doubles again on and is shown as 48. And so on up to 96.

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Problem with font sizes on iMac Retina 21.5.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 03:41:54 am »

Update: this morning I tried MC again on my iMac 21.5 retina and it seemed (briefly) that the above problem had cleared up. I Quit and reloaded MC a few times, and the font size stayed the same. I then went to .. Select Font to check the font. It was Helvetica 24. (Should've been 12, but hey, as long as it didn't keep doubling I'd be happy.) I clicked OK on the select font dialog box (though I didn't change anything). Quit MC. Rentered. Font had doubled in size. Quit and re-entered. Stayed the same. Checked the font size in .. Select Font. Had changed to 48. Quit and reentered. Doubled again. So it seems to me that somehow going to the ..Select Font dialog and clicking OK, whether you change the size or not, will cause the font size to double when you Quit and reenter MC.

So, the way I got the font size I wanted, and got it to persist was ... select font size 12. The font goes very small, probably to 6. Quit MC and renter. The font size is 12. Don't go anywhere near the .. Select Font dialog!

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 10:13:27 am »

The font size doubling should be fixed in the next build, but let us know if any other issues relating to this show up.

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 01:25:47 am »

The font size doubling should be fixed in the next build, but let us know if any other issues relating to this show up.

Thanks and sure thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up