INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resampling with JRiver  (Read 3697 times)

bamyasi

• Recent member
Resampling with JRiver
« on: April 02, 2016, 02:15:01 pm »

My DAC supports DSD up to 128. I keep coming back to upsampling all my PCM to DSD 128. It just sounds more "right" to me. This feature alone is what sets JRiver apart for me. Just wondering what other user's experiences are like.
JRiver Media Center 21 (Linux) | Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS Trusty Tahr | SMSL M8 DAC | Topping TP-60 Amp | Snell QBX 20 Monitors

Boom Boom

• Recent member
Re: Resampling with JRiver
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 06:13:42 pm »

Sorry for such a late reply, after going through various models of DACs and other system component upgrades, my experience is the improvements depend on the system and the file being played. On my bedroom systems the DACs used had good sounding drivers limited to 2xDSD. Drivers are WASAPI with 2xDSD capability in DoP.

My living room system is more revealing. Best sound is through an ASIO driver files processed natively. My living room DAC can do 4xDSD and DXD formats. Best sound for me is in 4xDSD. In this system, generally no resampling works well. However some older recordings usually mastered in Analogue when provided in PCM do not sound as good as I think they can. I will try adjusting settings to resample to 4xDSD. I find this will make playing these files more enjoyable. I have experienced improvements with resampling 16 / 44.1 files and 24 / 192 files. If there's no improvement I leave settings at no resampling (which I use as my default setting).

I don't know if this helps, but that's what I've concluded.

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Resampling with JRiver
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 08:58:31 pm »

Yeah I like doing PCM to DSD for music playback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up