INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote SUGGESTIONS  (Read 2532 times)

allisong

• Recent member
JRemote SUGGESTIONS
« on: April 07, 2016, 09:54:08 am »

Having used JRemote for a while now I have some strong suggestions for the developers, these suggestions are made against a background of using the app for a while in comparison to the My Movies app and others that cost considerably less...

(1) It should play back .jtv files in the correct resolution as per MC, the only fix right now is to convert these to H.264 .ts files, Original .jtv files are from 16:9 DVB-T2 programs and they all display full screen with no options on the iPad at effectively 4:3 instead of letterboxed 16:9

(2) Movies should be sorted as per the MC scheme selected, due to certain movies names not always being a sensible sort order, My Movies has a sort name and I use this as the folder and .mkv filename and sort in MC on this making the lists perfect in all views, but JRemote only sorts movies on name.

(3) Likewise there is no other option to sort Home Movies other than by date, I would like to see them by name or album and possibly some other sensible options.

As I work through the app I am sure I will find other suggestions and if I do I will post here, thanks!

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote SUGGESTIONS
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 02:54:26 pm »

Unless I misssiong something, your numbers 2&3 you shoulod be able to do what you want.  You do know that the views you see are not Views from the standard mode UI, right?. You can customize Remote Views via Options=>Media Network=>Advanced=>Cutomoze views for JRemote.

allisong

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 03:58:22 am »

aaaah... you are quite correct and I was not aware of that option, feel a bit of an idiot! Thanks very much for pointing out how I can sort out option 2&3, very good!

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 04:22:18 am »

glad it helped  8)

allisong

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 02:02:11 pm »

Still struggling with item (1), can't find a good solution, saving in .ts format gives lip sync issues, saving in .jtv means playback is with wrong aspect ratio on JRemote and DLNA server! Manual conversion ok but time consuming and 5.1 sound lost.... :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up