INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Differences with JRemote  (Read 2376 times)

Waynefi

• Recent member
Differences with JRemote
« on: April 07, 2016, 07:05:29 pm »

Besides being remote, what else does JRemote do ? I guess I am asking if it operates differently, or has any more or less features than just running your software from a monitor using a mouse.

Thanks,

Wayne

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Differences with JRemote
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 09:20:30 pm »

JRemote on iOS makes it easy to view PDFs and other material associated with an album (eg liner notes).

Arindelle

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 04:33:58 am »

I can only speak for the IOS version, but it also has a general search box which you don't get in the standard UI which only filters the results by View only.

Otherwise you get everything that you can in Theater Mode views, in a very attractive UI (either dark or light). Like Theater mode views, somethings you can't do that you can in Standard View and Vice versa. Its a little cramped in a telephone maybe but on an iPad its very nice. The Android version does not support "Assets", but I think most other functions work the same (someone want to confirm ?)

You can even tag your library from it (this is not as good as the Standard Mode tagger, especially the new tagging window), but the possibilities are there.

Just play around with Theater View, if you haven't already and you can get a general idea. I think it is superior to Theater Mode in adding to editing Playing now on the fly and accessing different zones. More ergonomic, in my opinion. 10 bucks well spent.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 06:39:45 am »

JRemote is also a theater view remote control. In Theater View Remote mode, you can swipe on the screen to emulate pressing arrow keys and tap to emulate pressing select.  This is pretty cool if you don't already have an IR remote set up.

Gizmo and EOS also do this.

Brian.

Zero_G

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 01:40:08 pm »

I use JRemote to play my music losslessly anywhere via wifi.  Computer Audiophile has an excellent tutorial on how to do it.

emovac

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 02:00:16 pm »

JRemote is probably the best option for running JRiver DLNA/UpnP via iPad.  Not perfect, but is pretty easy to operate once you get the hang of it.  I use it for both the Id 202 NUC device and JRiver for MAC program....

Waynefi

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 09:01:22 pm »

Thanks all, great info. I will check into this.

Wayne
Pages: [1]   Go Up