INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TWC DRM  (Read 3636 times)

DotJun

• Recent member
TWC DRM
« on: April 08, 2016, 08:44:43 am »

Can someone please confirm something for me?

I'm on TWC using their cablecard. From the wall it goes to a tuning adapter that is hooked up to an hdhomerun prime which in turn is hooked up to my router. From the router, the signal is routed to a win10 computer with jriver.

I'm able to get some channels but am not able to get others. I've since found out that most of the channels I am not able to get are flagged as DRM.

I've spoken to a couple TWC support guys and one of them says that I should definitely be getting all the channels and the problem lies in my cablecard.

The other technician says I'm not getting all the channels because I'm running win10 and that if I downgrade to win8 all will be fine.

Someone help me out with this madness please.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TWC DRM
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 10:32:14 am »

We do not currently support DRM'ed CableCARD channels.  If a channel is DRM'ed, it will not work.  When you talked to your cable company support persons, they should have been able to tell you how many channels have DRM.  They may be confused by the fact you are using JRiver MC, not WMC.  WMC can handle all DRM channels.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

DotJun

• Recent member
Re: TWC DRM
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 11:24:08 pm »

We do not currently support DRM'ed CableCARD channels.  If a channel is DRM'ed, it will not work.  When you talked to your cable company support persons, they should have been able to tell you how many channels have DRM.  They may be confused by the fact you are using JRiver MC, not WMC.  WMC can handle all DRM channels.
Ok thanks for the clarification. The tech might have actually thought I was using a TiVo since he kept mentioning to turn my TiVo on. Does TiVo support DRM channels?
Pages: [1]   Go Up