INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 720p Vids Zip-By While Audio Is Fine With Red October HQ  (Read 2788 times)

nathanCFD

• Recent member
720p Vids Zip-By While Audio Is Fine With Red October HQ
« on: September 29, 2016, 06:32:54 pm »

I searched the forum and found a reference to this issue for MC21 which was noted to be have been fixed with the last upgrade.

So, I downloaded the most recent version .90; and it still doesn't work. I uninstalled MC21 and reinstalled and it doesn't fix it.

The video plays as if it were on fast-forward, audio is fine.  Only with Red October HQ, which I want to use on 720 files because it greatly smooth's playback.

Not a newbie, had JR for quite awhile, tried everything.  Happens on mkv's made from my Ceton card; even dnl'd other rips to test and same result. Any 720p TV Program does the same thing. 

Any clue what's up? Was/is this issue fixed with MC22?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: 720p Vids Zip-By While Audio Is Fine With Red October HQ
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 06:45:59 pm »

Does it work with RO Std?  If so, then updating to MC22 would probably work.

It's also possible the video file is bad.

nathanCFD

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 07:38:17 pm »

Yes, they play okay with RO Standard. Sometimes a bit of flash on wide, panning shots, but other than that they're fine.

I've tried dozens of files; same issue on all files. Tried my own Ceton recorded shows, 720 Blu-ray rips and dnld's from others, they all do it.  And, most of the files are rips from my old SD DVD's I made years ago. Played fine on MC19, 20 and 21 up until a few months ago. Now, none work, I have to keep turning off RO HQ and switching it to RO Standard.

I was going to get MC22, but I was worried about this issue, it seems to have started in MC21 between .83 and .90 (I think it was .83) an update or so back.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 07:58:07 pm »

If it works with RO Std, but not RO HQ, the issue may be with madVR.  Updating to MC22 might work.

nathanCFD

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 01:34:21 pm »

If it works with RO Std, but not RO HQ, the issue may be with madVR.  Updating to MC22 might work.

I thought I'd follow-up on this in case anyone else was experiencing this issue.

I upgraded to MC22 on all my HTPC's and this issue was resolved on all except one.  Which was, of course, is my "main" one.  I have one HTPC that's a repurposed off-the-shelf Lenovo, always run RO Standard on it. The other two are dedicated HTPC builds and are identical except one has an i3, the other an i5 - both RO HQ. My Master Library is managed on a desktop i7, and MC22 fixed it on that one too.

The i3 continued to play the vids at double-speed. I spent most of the afternoon yesterday messing with MadVR settings and found that setting "when in doubt, Deinterlace Never" fixed the issue. I guess it was trying to deinterlace a progressive file, dropping half the frames which doubled the playback speed. No clue.

I'm still messing with it, I've noticed some unusual playback stutter on 1080 files now.

I think I'm just going to build a new HTPC, maybe one with a dedicated graphics card instead of using the Intel HD chipset  :) any suggestions?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 02:31:06 pm »

You will find discussion of video cards on a board devoted to video output here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up