INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version 21.0.66  (Read 4145 times)

bg

• Junior Woodchuck
Version 21.0.66
« on: April 08, 2016, 04:57:54 pm »

Used older version 20 x.xx for Mac and decided to update to 21.0.66. Mistake. I tired to adjust my font to bold and 28 pt. and now everytime I open JRiver I've got 56 pt. fonts for some reason and my view is a big unusable mess. I cannot get out of 56 pt. size fonts in 21.0.66 and I've tried everything I can think of to try. I have deleted all my older views, tried to set to 28 pt. font and save as new view, and still 21.0.66 opens with 56 pt. font. I never even selected 56 pt. font. Strange and very frustrating. I'd like to play my music files, but not if I have to look at the messed-up view I'm stuck in now.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Version 21.0.66
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 08:34:42 pm »

This was already reported as a bug in the build thread:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=104131.msg724490#msg724490

You can fix it by resetting the size back to 12-point font manually. Then MC will be a weird super-small 6 point font until you quit and re-launch it. You can probably also fix it by manually hacking the Settings file MC uses, if needed.

I expect it'll be fixed in the next build.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

DJLegba

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 08:58:12 am »

Another issue in my use of MC is when setting audio to bitstreaming (because I play many DSD files), my DSD-capable DAC shows FLAC files as DSD files because when user sets to "bitstreaming" both non-DSD and DSD files are played via bitstreaming. Obviously FLAC is not and never will be DSD and ideally MC would switch from bitstreaming of DSD files to appropriate setting for non-DSD files.

The Bitstreaming setting has an option for DSD only. Perhaps you selected some other option.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 09:05:59 am »

my DSD-capable DAC shows FLAC files as DSD files because[...]

If MC is converting FLACs to DSD, I think the only setting that will do that is:

DSP Studio > Output Format > Output Encoding > (DSD selected here)

Set that to "none" and it should stop converting everything to DSD.

Brian.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 04:34:19 pm »

DSP Studio > Output Format > Output Encoding > (DSD selected here)

Set that to "none" and it should stop converting everything to DSD.

This is correct. You have the Output Format DSP set up incorrectly. See this for more information:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Output_Format

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 09:51:47 pm »

Well, from your post it isn't clear that you've quite "got it" yet.

If you select bitstreaming for DSD it will leave FLAC files unaltered and play them as PCM. With bitstreaming enabled for a DSD DAC, MC will decode all "normal" (PCM-based) formats like FLAC, MP3, AAC, WAV, and so on to PCM like it normally does, but will pass through DSD audio without decoding it at all (so the DSP is bypassed entirely).

However, if you enabled DSD under the Output Encoding setting in the Output Format DSP, then you did not enable bitstreaming. That's not where you do that! You enable bitstreaming under Tools > Options > Audio > Settings > Bitstreaming.

The Output Encoding setting in the DSP has nothing whatsoever to do with bitstreaming. The entire point of the Output Encoding setting is to re-encode all audio output to the selected format. It is useful only when you have a DAC (or connection type) that only supports a particular format. In the past, it was primarily useful to encode multichannel audio to AC3 so it could be sent over a SPDIF link (which can only do stereo PCM, but can do multichannel AC3). But, if you had a weird DAC that could only do DSD (and could not decode normal PCM data) then you'd want to enable this there.

As it says in the wiki, this is quite rare. Output Encoding should almost always be set to None.

Perhaps I've misinterpreted your comment, but I figured it was worth explaining further. If your goal is to have MC play most PCM-based formats as PCM, and to pass through DSD audio directly to your DAC for decoding, automatically, it can do this. You just have to turn it on in the right place.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 11:04:34 am »

Everytime I use a newer version of MC, reload my library - it takes me lots of time to get the view and settings throughout the software set to my previous settings.

When you upgrade to newer versions of MC...say from MC20 to MC21, you should make a Library Backup in MC20 and then Restore that backup into MC21.  That way all of your media, settings, views, playlists... everything will transfer over.  So you won't have to try to find every setting; they will just transfer from one to the other.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Backup

Brian.

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 06:39:38 am »

There is an Audio Only mode.  View > Audio Only Mode .  You can try that.

Otherwise, you can selectively remove features in:

Tools > Options > General > Features

For feature remove/add you'll need to stop and restart MC for them to take effect.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up