INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Curious issue with aac+ stream recordings in MC21 (and maybe earlier releases)  (Read 2032 times)

Tucker8715

• Recent member

I have been recording aac+ streams for some time.  They play fine live and when recorded and tagged in MC.  However, ones I tagged in Winamp won't play in MC although they play fine in Winamp (and I think in other apps since I have never run into the problem before).   I didn't think aac+ files had any metadata associated with them and that any tagging was just in the associated library but apparently this is not the case.  The converse is not true - ones I record and tag in MC play fine in Winamp. 

Since I have a fairly extensive library of aac+ stream recordings that were tagged external to MC I would like to correct them if possible so they will play in MC.

Any help much appreciated.

Tucker8715

• Recent member

After some experimentation I have found that there are two issues that cause MC to refuse to play certain aac+ files:

1.  Some sample rates won't play, including 16k 48k and 88.2k.  They do play in Winamp and in Windows Media Player.

2.  If there are ID1 or ID2 tags attached.  Again, they will play in Winamp and Windows Media Player.

It would be best if a future release of MC would fix both problems.  In the meantime it would be good if the dialog that pops up when trying to play one of these files would be a bit more detailed rather than just saying "something went wrong".  We don't need a dialog to tell us that.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Could you make a couple of the files that won't play available to me at matt at jriver dot com?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

I followed up by email, but I could do the same here.

Those files all trip our AAC decoder up.

They throw this error:
"Bitstream value not allowed by specification"

I tried to investigate, but didn't get too far.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up