INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 21.0.85 for Debian  (Read 9947 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 21.0.85 for Debian
« on: April 12, 2016, 05:58:32 pm »

The latest build is up at:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter-21.0.85.deb (also in the latest apt repository)

21.0.85 (5/27/2016)

1. Fixed: The cifs detect in 21.0.83 was incomplete in that it couldn't handle spaces and ' in filepaths.
2. Fixed: A longstanding bug causing segfaults during network reads that mainly manifested itself when DLNA devices that disappeared during the tree update.

21.0.83 (5/20/2016)

1. Fixed: Linux detect cifs filesystems for timer supported auto imports

21.0.76 (4/29/2016)

1. Changed: Timing on DLNA M-SEARCH and NOTIFY to make the finding of DLNA devices quicker.

21.0.70 (4/12/2017)

1. Changed: Use the clipboard for copy/paste instead of the cut buffers. Works better with other apps. Only implemented for text so far. Working on images...

21.0.63 (3/21/2016)

1. Fixed: Revert change from 21.0.54 that resulted in extra calls to get the volume of DLNA devices which could make the GUI sluggish on renderers that respond slowly.
2. Fixed: Cover art bug that caused crashes.

21.0.61 (3/18/2016)

1. Changed: The Media Center window class name had spaces which are changed to underscores to try and fix bugs with some desktop managers (i.e. Unity).
2. NEW: If a browsercmd file exists in the users .jriver/Media Center 21/ directory, it will be executed (with one arg) in place of xdg-open when a browser is needed.
3. Changed: Implemented the email function in the send-to menu.
4. NEW: Use the XDG designated directories for media and documents (if they exist).
5. NEW: Upload to web gallery (pix01) implemented.
6. Fixed: The Help->About box.
7. NEW:  If a .emailcmd file exists in the users .jriver/Media Center 21/ directory, it will be executed (with one arg) in place of xdg-email when a MC is used to send an email.

21.0.54 (3/4/2016)

Changes from the main branch. Should be considered for stable repo but is in latest for now.

21.0.51 (2/26/2016)

1) More work on eliminating hard killed threads. Needs testing for stability.
2) More complete deletion of dynamic servers and zones when those functions are executed.

21.0.48 (2/15/2016)

1. NEW: Software Deinterlacing using the YADIF algorithm during video playback and transcoding.
2. Changed: Many internal changes to remove thread killing on stuck threads. Should eliminate segfaults, might cause hangs. Need feedback.
3. NEW: Added switches under Media Network to disable disk buffering of audio and video files when the content is being received for rendering. This is intended for low power/sdcard based machines.

21.0.39 (1/25/2016)

1. Fixed: Bug in calculating the offset from UTC.
2. Changed: MC linux will download the mp3 encoder instead of using the system mp3 encoder.
3. Fixed: Allocation of some files failed on linux when the filesystem didn't support fallocate(). Affected Thumbnails at the very least.
4. Fixed: ARM System Identification.
5. Changed: deb packaging and post-install to integrate MC more into Unity (and probably other desktops).

See the windows 21 log for general non-linux related changes.
21.0.37 (1/15/2016)

Changes from the main branch

21.0.28 (12/17/2015)

1. Fixed: Potential worker thread hang in CListener class, also a potential memory leak.
2. Fixed: Fixed potential hangs/crashes and memory leaks in networking code.

21.0.23 (11/23/2015)

1. Fixed: Memory leak bug introduced in 20.0.123. More apparent if there are lots of windows (from any application) open at once.
2. New: The internal function that provides the OS information to MC is now functional. This fixed a bug in Noire where the window action buttons could have been windows 10 lookalikes.
3. Changed: Internal event handling.

21.0.16 (10/16/2015)

1. Fixed: Thumbnail creation for Videos would often crash JRWorker.
2. Fixed: The TVInfo Expression did not work.
3. Fixed: Change in eventing fixes maximize button on ARM, possibly other subtle changes.

21.0.7 (9/15/2015)

1. NEW: Support for external sidecar subtitles.
2. NEW: Automatic stream selection based on the preferred languages configured in Video -> Subtitles & Languages.
3. Changed: Improved font metrics handling of descents on letters like "g" or "j".
4. Fixed: Leaving fullscreen mode (ie when playing video fullscreen) returns MC to the state is was in before entering fullscreen mode.
5. Fixed: MC behavior with multiple monitors (xrandr) and fullscreen mode. Still needs a bit more work to fully support multiple monitors.
6: Changed: MC will print an error message (to stderr) when unable to open the X display instead of segfaulting.
7. Fixed: The cursor will be hidden in fullscreen mode.
8. Changed: The custom Data is used from the users MC resource area instead of from MC's app library area.

21.0.6 (9/4/2015)

1. Fixed: Issue with crashes when closing the tree during playback when the cover art is displaying in the action window. This could possibly help with other sizing issues.
2. Changed: Skins are copied into the users MC resource area from MC's app library area upon updating to this build and are used from there going forward so they can be modified without requiring root permissions.

21.0.5 (9/1/2015)

1. Changed: Added graphical confirmation of the license installation through the file association.

21.0.4 (8/14/2015)

1. Fixed: The "View Current Log" button on the logging dialog wasn't working.
2. Fixed: Exporting a playlist to HTML didn't open a browser to view the playlist properly.
3. Fixed: Viewing the html of a gallery in preview mode didn't open a browser properly to view the preview.
4. Changed: Internal, method of running an external command.
5. Fixed: Can purchase an upgrade via the usual method (install MC 20 license on MC 21 and follow the instructions).

21.0.3 (8/10/2015)

1. NEW: Improved font support.
2. Fixed: Trial period was broken.

21.0.2 (8/7/2015)

1. NEW: Subtitle Support during Video Playback.
2. Changed: Windows redraw better.
3. NEW: Image support. 2D viewing effects only at this time.

bob

• Administrator
Re: JRiver Media Center 21.0.83 for Debian
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 02:52:54 pm »

Fixed: Linux detect cifs filesystems for timer supported auto imports

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: JRiver Media Center 21.0.85 for Debian
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 04:24:55 pm »

So I've hit a bug in .85.  This is with a Arch Linux 64-bit Client and a Debian Jessie Server.  I see the issue in both this build and the amd64 build.

With build .83 I can connect to library servers just fine, but after upgrading to .85 my Linux clients can't seem to connect to Library servers that have authentication enabled even with the correct credentials.  I can reproduce it 100% on my machines if logs would be helpful.  Rolling back to .83 "fixed" it.  To be clear, same server, same credentials, same client computer, the only differential is the two builds.  Windows machines running windows build .85 connect just fine.  Let me know if I can provide any additional info.

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 01:02:26 am »

So I've hit a bug in .85.  
With build .83 I can connect to library servers just fine, but after upgrading to .85 my Linux clients can't seem to connect to Library servers that have authentication enabled even with the correct credentials.  

Seeing the same issue with a Linux Mint 17.3 (32bit) client connecting to Windows based MC servers. Downgrading Linux client from 21.0.85 to stable (21.0.76) fixed it.

EDIT: Put 21.0.83 on the above Linux client and this connects OK to Library servers, so confirm that issue occurred in the .83 to .85 update
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 06:39:00 pm »

So I've hit a bug in .85.  This is with a Arch Linux 64-bit Client and a Debian Jessie Server.  I see the issue in both this build and the amd64 build.

With build .83 I can connect to library servers just fine, but after upgrading to .85 my Linux clients can't seem to connect to Library servers that have authentication enabled even with the correct credentials.  I can reproduce it 100% on my machines if logs would be helpful.  Rolling back to .83 "fixed" it.  To be clear, same server, same credentials, same client computer, the only differential is the two builds.  Windows machines running windows build .85 connect just fine.  Let me know if I can provide any additional info.
I connect to windows current version using authentication from debian and it works fine.
Also just tried one from ubuntu to debian and it worked fine.

Not sure what's going on. Are they both on the same lan?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 06:51:35 pm »

I connect to windows current version using authentication from debian and it works fine.
Also just tried one from ubuntu to debian and it worked fine.

Not sure what's going on. Are they both on the same lan?

All machines are on the same LAN, and all work perfectly with .83.  To be clear, the problem I'm seeing is only Linux client to Linux server (if either endpoint runs windows there's no issue), only when both are on .85, and only when authentication is enabled.  I'm seeing it on all four of my Linux clients, two of which are raspberry's running Debian, and two of which are regular computers running Arch. My server is on Debian.  It's 100% reproducible here, and rolling back to .83 fixes it in every case.  

If it helps to describe more clearly: if I try to connect to a library server with authentication enabled for the first time, it asks me for credentials; then after entering them I get a long hand, and the "failed to load library" dialog pops up.  I never see the prompt for credentials after that first failed connection, and rolling back to .83 and connecting with the same install connects successfully without prompting for the credentials, so it's clear they're the correct credentials.

Also potentially of note: auto-import has completely stopped working on my server.  I can add new items to watched folders and days will pass with no imports.  Nothing is imported until I manually do it.  The watched folders are all on local filesystems which, to my knowledge, support inotify.  Auto-import worked correctly in .83 as well.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 06:56:32 pm »

All machines are on the same LAN, and all work perfectly with .83.  To be clear, the problem I'm seeing is only Linux client to Linux server (if either endpoint runs windows there's no issue), only when both are on .85, and only when authentication is enabled.  I'm seeing it on all four of my Linux clients, two of which are running Debian, and two of which are running Arch. My server is on Debian.  It's 100% reproducible here, and rolling back to .83 fixes it in every case.

Also potentially of note: auto-import has completely stopped working on my server.  I can add new items to watched folders and days will pass with no imports.  Nothing is imported until I manually do it.  The watched folders are all on local filesystems which, to my knowledge, support inotify.  This all worked correctly in .83 as well.
Very odd.

Can you turn on logging and check the logs for import issues?

As for the auth, I really don't get that. The big change was a fix for a null buffer pointer that was causing an occasional segfault. I might throw a printf in there for testing.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 07:11:08 pm »

Very odd.

Can you turn on logging and check the logs for import issues?

Will do, but manual import works fine with no issues. 

As for the auth, I really don't get that. The big change was a fix for a null buffer pointer that was causing an occasional segfault. I might throw a printf in there for testing.

Happy to test anything that might help; right now it's a hard blocker for upgrading for me so I'm motivated  ;D

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 08:35:50 pm »

I did some logging on the auto-import issue and saw no evidence that MC was ever even receiving the notifications from inotify. That made me suspicious. Turns out I had a much too low inotify watch limit, it's a wonder it was working correctly before (but would explain inconsistent activity).  After raising the limit, auto-import appears to be working correctly now.  Sorry for the false alarm on that point.

The library server issue is still live though, I still can't login to an authenticated library server on .85.  Some other folks are seeing it too, see : https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=105283.0

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 04:46:07 pm »

Hi, I think I'm also getting an issue with autoimport not working.
I ran "cat /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches" and the resukt was 8192.
Is this too low?
Didnt get this issue with v83.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 05:00:25 pm »

Hi, I think I'm also getting an issue with autoimport not working.
I ran "cat /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches" and the result was 8192.
Is this too low?
Didnt get this issue with v83.
It's going to watch every directory under your import list. How many are there?
You can do some thing like thing from the command line to find out:
cd to wherever your import directory is then
find . type d -print | wc -l

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 05:27:36 pm »

I increased my watches to 500K, and it mostly works now; I'm still getting occasional weirdness where files won't be imported after a day passes.  I thought auto-import re-ran every two hours need it or not?

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2016, 01:17:41 am »

My "my music" folder contains 22300 odd folders.
I havent changed anything else, and it was working fine before, which was v83 or perhaps v76. I'll experiment rolling back to see if it starts working again.

[edited]It's working under v83. I need to repeat exactly the same with v85 next.
Steps taken: removed an album from "my music". Started v83. Waited 5 mins. Put the album back. Auto Imported not long after.
Getting ready for work now, will try again later.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2016, 04:32:19 pm »

Repeated the test. Deleted an album from the library, then copied the files back again. V85 didnt do anything, gave it 10 minutes. V83 the album appeared in under 1 minute from the copy completing. Made sure each time that mc was started up and gave it 5 mins before deleting the album then cooying back.
This is with the inotify value set as default 8192.
Something definitely not right with v85 so I'm sticking with v83 for the moment.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 05:17:23 pm »

Somethings definitely up; I moved some stuff over last night as a test and it still hasn't imported in .85 or in the experimental .87-2 bob posted for troubleshooting.  .83 works as expected.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 10:45:56 am »

Somethings definitely up; I moved some stuff over last night as a test and it still hasn't imported in .85 or in the experimental .87-2 bob posted for troubleshooting.  .83 works as expected.
Are all of the files on a local filesystem (not cifs mount?)
That's all that should have changed between 83 and 85.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 10:48:51 am »

Are all of the files on a local filesystem (not cifs mount?)
That's all that should have changed between 83 and 85.

All files are on a local filesystem, but the directories in question are exposed as cifs mounts to other systems (i.e. the machine running my JRiver server  is my fileserver so the files are local to it, but shared via cifs to every other system).  The watched filepaths are the local paths, not the CIFS path.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 02:30:42 pm »

All files are on a local filesystem, but the directories in question are exposed as cifs mounts to other systems (i.e. the machine running my JRiver server  is my fileserver so the files are local to it, but shared via cifs to every other system).  The watched filepaths are the local paths, not the CIFS path.

OK thanks. Found it and it will be fixed in the next build which will be ready in a couple of hours...
Pages: [1]   Go Up