INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hardware (graphics) testing software needed - recommendation please  (Read 17975 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I'm seeing video "drop out" on one of my HTPCs. When watching a video/movie the TV screen goes blank for a second, then returns to normal. Sometimes the TV says "searching for source". It does this a random intervals, but will usually start within 1 or 2 minutes of watching a video.

I think the video card might be failing (a NVidia GT640). I am looking for some type of "hardware load-test" program that will tell me if my video card is bad or not.
Can someone recommend software (preferably free) that will test my graphic card?

I don't think it is a cable or in the TV because I can switch video sources (to broadcast TV or FireTV via hdmi2) and I don't get the drop outs. Maybe something else inside the computer is going bad, so I need some method to test the hardware.

Thanks

ferday

• MC Beta Team
Re: Hardware (graphics) testing software needed - recommendation please
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 07:36:01 am »

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

This one will test it and then some.  I use GPU shark (link on page) sometimes to keep track of stuff

Hilton

Re: Hardware (graphics) testing software needed - recommendation please
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 08:09:33 am »

OCCT from > http://www.ocbase.com/

It has the furmark type GPU burn-in test and a lot of other temperature and voltage monitoring and reporting.
You may have a Power supply problem or power cable problem and nothing to do with a bad GPU. So I recommend you run the PSU load test built into OCCT and check the GPU voltages and the 12V from the PSU.

I also highly recommend AIDA64 with its detailed reporting and sensor monitoring. It has a system stability test with logging and graphs for your whole system including the GPU.
Pages: [1]   Go Up