INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrong audio zone for Videos  (Read 2889 times)

PhDSM

• World Citizen
Wrong audio zone for Videos
« on: April 15, 2016, 03:00:06 am »

Hello,

Up to recently I was not using MC video player, and all my video were configured to  "External program (default)"
With the support of BD 3D and the link with youtube, I've start to use MC internal video player (Automatic), and I mfacing a weird problem.
I have 2 zones :
  one on the HDMI output connected to 3DTV and 5.1 audio
   one on the analog output connected to speakers in a separate room

When I use MC in audio mode, zone are correctly played without problem.

When I play video in HDMI zone :
 most of the time the audio is played systematicaly to the analog zone,
 for some video files the audio is played systematicaly to the HDMI zone ,
 for some video files it depends of the previous files
 also when video files have 2 or more audio streams, when I switch to another stream then it is played systematicaly to the HDMI zone.

Here more information about the files:
Files that goes to the wrong audio zone systematicaly
 .AVI with video MPEG-4 Xvid + <mp3 2ch     
 .MKV with video MPEG-4 Xvid + <mp3 2ch   
 .MP4 with video AVC + AAC 2ch   
 .FLV with video CABAC + AAC 2ch
  BluRay 3D Gravity

Files that goes to the correct audio zone systematicaly
 .MKV with video AVC + AAC 2ch           
 .WMV with video  WMV1 + WMA
  most of files with at least 2 audio streams seems to be in the that case
  BluRay 3D Avatar

Files that depends:
 .MKV with video AVC + 2 streams DTS 6Ch
 BluRay 3D the little prince

Additionally when I watch TV directly on MC (from my DVB-T HD Usb tuner) sound is ok, If I play recorded TV sound goes to Analog zone

An indiction,  each time it goes to the wrong audio zone,  I have a 1 sec black screen on the TV before and after play (which I guess indication a video reconfiguration)

Weird isn't ?

I updated MC to latest relaese but it doesn'' t change anything 
I also have another problem with TV and Red October HQ that I will treat in another thread.
For information, setting wideo mode to Red October HQ or standard doens't have any effect on this problem.

Any idea ?  is it a bug ? a HW config issue ?  a MC configuration issue ?

Regards

Philippe

My configuration:
 PC : Proc: Intel I5-6500  3.2 ghz
      Video: Intel HD Graphics 530
        RAM: 8Gb
        Drives: SSD 512 Gb + HHD 1.5To + HDD 3 To
 MC : 21.0.72
 Connections :
    HDMI  -> 3D TV Samsung + Audio 5.1
    Analog out -> 2ch amplifier + speakers in another room
      DVB-T HD Usb tuner

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Wrong audio zone for Videos
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 04:01:20 am »

Sounds like you either need to create ZoneSwitch rules, or update the ones you have, so that Movies always automatically get zone-switched to the HDMI zone.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

PhDSM

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 05:06:56 am »

I don't have any rules,  and If it was a rule issue, switching audio stream would fix the pb. Also the 1second  black out of the display when problem occurs, indicates a problem somewhere.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 05:21:00 am »

I don't have any rules,  and If it was a rule issue, switching audio stream would fix the pb. Also the 1second  black out of the display when problem occurs, indicates a problem somewhere.
if you don't have any rules, you have to start playback in the right zone, or you are going to have issues (sometimes you'll get an error box showing up not just a temp black screen).

I'm not a big video user, so where is the setting you mentioned --> "MC internal video player "(Automatic)"? Only automatic output device change I know of is using Zone Switch rules like Hendrik pointed out. I'd set them up and see if that doesn't just make the problem go away.

PhDSM

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 06:41:59 am »

Arindelle;
,  the setting is in the File Type menu where you can define how different file types are played.

FYI files are in the right playing  now,  when I m on the HDMI playing now and I double click the item to play it again, the video goes on HDMI and the audio on  Analog out.

I tried as Hendrik recommended toa create a zone switch rule, but it didn't chande anything.

Another weird fact, when  HDMI playing now  plays a video using the Analog out, the Analog out playlist is stiopped but remainded unchanged, the volume button of Analog as no effect,  however when I retiurn to HDMI playing now the volume button control the analog output. It is like playing some videos on the HDMI out, stolls the analog output line

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 01:30:05 pm »

Arindelle;
,  the setting is in the File Type menu where you can define how different file types are played.

Oh I see. That won't affect your issue. Thats file associations, whether you want certain files to play in JRiver, or externally etc. Has nothing to do with playing to the correct audio device.

You know, looking at your config, I'm wondering if you are literally trying to play to separate physical "zones" using the same audio device? Like you aren't using the audio analogue  out and the HDMI from the motherboard of one PC are you? You'd need an additional sound card to do that (or a graphics card with an HDMI out). I thought you had a client PC in the other room as a renderer. I just assumed you were networking, but maybe you aren't.

PhDSM

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 01:05:26 am »

As I explain in my config, I have 1 pc  with 2 audio out  like most of PC's today.
one is the Analog goes on an analog stereo cable and is shown in MC as one local zone
the other is the digital one,  goes inthe HDMI cable or the Digital optical out and is shown in MC as another local zone.
Both devices work perfectly, MC select them correctly for audio, I can play what I want were I want.
The problem is the audio part of many Video files, MC mixes up the audio line. It seems it depends on the video decoder used by J River, as for example  Videos coded in Xvid are systematicaly playing audio on the wrong zone and those code in Vmv always goes to the correct zone, for AVC videos it depends. For BluRay it also weird,  some plays audio on the HDMI, some plays on the analog and if I change the language stream they suddenly get back on HDMI.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 01:11:51 am »

When one video is playing audio in the wrong zone, please go to Options>Audio and confirm that the audio output assigned to your HDMI zone at that point is actually configured to play through your HDMI playback device. If there is an HDMI handshake issue, which could happen if you turn off your TV, or AVR or turn things on in a different order, I've seen MC change playback device to something else until the issue is fixed.

PhDSM

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 02:55:31 am »

I checked and the audio device of the HDMI zone is th HDMI audio.As I said in my previous message, I have a 1 sec Blank TV screen when play start and stop for these files. It look like MC had a difficulty in setting up the video/audio.
I don't  think it is related to the power off/on of devices or order,  as I can reproduce the problem without touching to devices (I almost never shut down the TV because I know it causes  some kind of reset of display parameters by windows
Also when I play the same file with MC  via external program ALL files work well, it is ONLY when I play using MC internal video player (Automatic) that the problem occurs. For me, it seems coming from the way MC internal video player is configuring the HDMI port for some video format.

PhDSM

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 03:03:47 am »

Additional info:

If I  associate the file type (mkv)  with  JRiver OpenGL video engine (Experimental)   it works
so why the MC internal video player (Automatic) failed ??

PhDSM

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 10:31:48 am »

I tried to capture the Filter graph, for case when it works and when it fails. Both graph are identical :

Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {A4002F8E-510F-442C-8AD3-F9C7B23FB394}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'JRiver Subtitle Renderer'
        CLSID: {F74E834C-9C98-43ED-89B1-19A9DF82E774}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Subtitle' of filter 'LAV Splitter (auto-configured)'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {E487EB08-6B26-4BE9-9DD3-993434D313FD}  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {87C0B230-03A8-4FDF-8010-B27A5848200D}, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {87C0B230-03A8-4FDF-8010-B27A5848200D}

Filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
        CLSID: {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\evr.dll
        Input Pin 'EVR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'LAV Video Decoder (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'EVR Input1'

Filter 'LAV Video Decoder (auto-configured)'
        CLSID: {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
        Host: C:\Users\Video\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\lav\LAVVideo.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'EVR Input0' of filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2

Filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
        CLSID: {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
        Host: C:\Users\Video\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\lav\LAVAudio.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {00002001-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'LAV Splitter (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'LAV Video Decoder (auto-configured)'

Filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'LAV Splitter (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {00002001-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'

Filter 'LAV Splitter (auto-configured)'
        CLSID: {B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}
        Host: C:\Users\Video\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Plugins\lav\LAVSplitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        Output Pin 'Subtitle'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Subtitle Renderer'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {E487EB08-6B26-4BE9-9DD3-993434D313FD}  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {87C0B230-03A8-4FDF-8010-B27A5848200D}, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {87C0B230-03A8-4FDF-8010-B27A5848200D}

How can I fix this issue ?
Is there any tools or options that can help figuring out why MC fails to do what external players do without problem ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up