INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changed: Split the capitalization files out to ...  (Read 4364 times)

DoubtingThomas

• Citizen of the Universe
Changed: Split the capitalization files out to ...
« on: April 16, 2016, 12:11:57 pm »

1. Changed: Split the capitalization files out to CapitalizationAllCaps.txt and CapitalizationExclusion.txt in the Default Resources folder of the program.

Is there any more information on these capitalization files and how to use them?

I see the new files.... but they can't be edited... Windows won't let me.  Is there some place in MediaCenter to edit these files?

DoubtingThomas

Re: Changed: Split the capitalization files out to ...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 09:24:56 pm »

Bump.... I'd really like to have control over the capitalization files....  any info would be appreciated.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 10:01:46 pm »

The only reason they can't be edited is because they are in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ directory tree.

The best way to edit these would be to copy them out somewhere where you will maintain them in the future, edit them there, save them there, and then copy them back over the original files. You will need Administrator rights to copy them back of course.

No doubt updates and upgrades to MC will overwrite these files, so an improvement to the above would be to create a "C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 21\Data\Custom Resources" directory and copy your modified files into that directory. I believe that MC will then use the CapitalizationAllCaps.txt and CapitalizationExclusion.txt files in this new directory, instead of the files in the original "Default Resources" directory. No need to delete the original files in the original directory. You will still need to maintain the files outside that Custom directory, since they are in a directory protected by Windows. But that is good practice anyway, as you will have a backup of your modified files.

The contents of the files seem pretty straight forward, so I' sure you aren't having trouble with that.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 10:18:39 pm »

No issue with the file format...  I know I could edit them overriding the windows permissions.  But I would want them to remain as edited for MC updates.

It's like a tease.. show me the files... provide no easy way to update them....

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 11:16:39 pm »

No doubt updates and upgrades to MC will overwrite these files, so an improvement to the above would be to create a "C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 21\Data\Custom Resources" directory and copy your modified files into that directory.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 08:04:58 am »

I would just like to add that if you make good improvements to the files that you think could benefit everyone, please share!

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 02:08:23 pm »

No doubt updates and upgrades to MC will overwrite these files, so an improvement to the above would be to create a "C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 21\Data\Custom Resources" directory and copy your modified files into that directory. I believe that MC will then use the CapitalizationAllCaps.txt and CapitalizationExclusion.txt files in this new directory, instead of the files in the original "Default Resources" directory.

Thank You for the "Custom Resources" tip, works well.

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 02:13:27 pm »

I would just like to add that if you make good improvements to the files that you think could benefit everyone, please share!

Matt, I have no real improvements, other than my personal taste (like "with" should be capitalized).

Question:  I add " (live)" to the name tag for live tracks.  Is there a way to have MC not capitalize "live" when enclosed in ( ) but to capitalize it when "live" is not in ( )'s using "TitleCase"?

I would want this to be the end result of a "clean file properties"..

Gotta Live (live)

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 07:30:08 am »

Question:  I add " (live)" to the name tag for live tracks.  Is there a way to have MC not capitalize "live" when enclosed in ( ) but to capitalize it when "live" is not in ( )'s using "TitleCase"?

I would want this to be the end result of a "clean file properties"..

Gotta Live (live)

I would think adding (live) to the CapitalizationExclusion text file would do that.

Just put a new copy in CustomResources and it'll live between upgrades.

It seems a little too special to make it that way for everyone.

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 10:27:29 am »

I would think adding (live) to the CapitalizationExclusion text file would do that.

Just put a new copy in CustomResources and it'll live between upgrades.

It seems a little too special to make it that way for everyone.

Matt,

Adding "(live)" to the exclusion file does not work, when using clean properties it always changes (live) to (Live).  I assuming the parens are confusing the algorithm.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 10:54:44 am »

Matt,

Adding "(live)" to the exclusion file does not work, when using clean properties it always changes (live) to (Live).  I assuming the parens are confusing the algorithm.

Yeah, we split the string on characters like:
., , \, -, &, (, ), _, [, ], ;, /

That means the word won't have the parenthesis on it when it's processed.  I'm not thinking of a smart way around that right now.  Sorry.

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 03:57:25 pm »

Yeah, we split the string on characters like:
., , \, -, &, (, ), _, [, ], ;, /

That means the word won't have the parenthesis on it when it's processed.  I'm not thinking of a smart way around that right now.  Sorry.

Well... (been there with trying to delimit "words")....

It would take some coding... but how about if an entry in the CapitalizationExclusion.txt file contains any of the word tokenizing delimiters, then that series of chars should not be touched or changed if found in the target tag string for "clean file properties" when using TitleCase.
Pages: [1]   Go Up