INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: will not play to 'local' player: Help needed - RESOLVED  (Read 1213 times)

Tristar71

• Recent member
will not play to 'local' player: Help needed - RESOLVED
« on: April 16, 2016, 07:03:17 pm »

HI Everyone,
I have a fiddly problem that is doing my head in... I have been using JRiver since v19 and not had this problem before so I think it must be a setting or system problem. As you know JRiver should play music and files to itself - on the locally installed machine. But somehow it isn't right now. - I have two other 'areas' n the Playing Now section that I stream to. One of these is a LauferTechnik Memory Player which has its own install of JRiver which I stream music to the hifi from my NAS.

BUT somehow if I click music to play to the locally installed version, as in just Play to the computer I'm sat at - it defaults to the other zone and starts playing through the memoryplayer. Only if the memoryplayer is off and not in the playing now list does it default back to the 'Player' on the computer ....
I try 'SEND TO/PLAYER' - but it defaults to the MP, I try using the Overview screen where all 3 areas are viewable, drop a playlist on the 'Player' it plays on the other zone....

frustrating..
any clues out there?
thanks

Tristar71

• Recent member
Re: will not play to 'local' player: Help needed - RESOLVED
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 07:24:17 pm »

Found it - ....
a bit more digging - it was the ZONE SWITCH.... somewhere/how - it was ticked to enable zone switch with a rule to play to the MemoryPlayer.

why suddenly activated I do not know ;)
think a while ago I was trying to get spotify to play to the MP... obviously with bad results.

Zone switch is under Tools/Options/Audio  under Settings
Pages: [1]   Go Up