INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using JRiver/JRemote with Soundaware D100 Pro as renderer  (Read 1870 times)

Gibalok

• Recent member
Using JRiver/JRemote with Soundaware D100 Pro as renderer
« on: April 20, 2016, 05:17:33 am »

hello,

I started using Soundaware D100 as a network renderer with JRiver 21.

The problem is that the volume is set to 40% which I cannot manage inside MC21 in PC. I change it but it always back to 40%.

is it possible that the sound level is set in JRemote so i cant to change it inside PC?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using JRiver/JRemote with Soundaware D100 Pro as renderer
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 04:21:19 am »

No, this should have nothing to do with JRemote as it is acting as a control point of you media server machine.

However, as for JRemote, this is going to depend on the settings of the PC that is running as media server on your network. This also could have something to do with your Windows set-up.

So on the PC server machine you want to check which volume mode your are using - you probably should be using Internal Volume. Then you want to check to see if you have volume protection enabled and if you have a start-up volume set. eg. I always set my preamp to "x" level (I actually never change this unless I want to playback this at really loud levels, then I set startup volume to 60 ... on purpose. So it will start softer than I might want so as not to wake up the neighbors at 3AM. JRemote will then open at 60% of my max normal listening volume. These setting are done by zone so if you have multiple zones set up, you would have to check or uncheck these options for each zone.

This also could have something to do with how you set up Windows ... normally you would have the volume set to 100% (maybe this is set to 40%?). You should also be setting system sounds to off.

If you need further info, please re-read the wiki on Volume and Audio Set-up. (Google JRiver Wiki ;) ). Then if you need to get back here, you can describe the issue better if this doesn't work.

I don't know your renderer, nor how you have connected/configured your system. Some renderers have limited compatibility/functionality with JRiver over DLNA (you can look for AndrewFG here on the forum -- he has a tester in his signature to see what could not be supported for your renderer), usually volume is not an issue, but I suppose it could have something to do with it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up